Matija Nastasic

It's amazing how much more praise he is getting recently - deserved for sure.

What strikes me is how potentially brilliant the Kompany - Nastasic combination can be. They already seem to be very solid together after a handful of games.

Vidic and Ferdinand had/have a great understanding, but this could potentially be better. Long way to go though, no doubt about that.

Could it also be that this new Italian defensive coach has finally got them all thinking how he wanted. He got a slating early on, what with the language and nobody knowing him, but maybe some of his ideas are working. Vinny is certainly back on track. Nastasic could be great, lets just give him time, and like most have said, allow him the odd error as if it were normal, which it is.

He has grown noticably in the last few weeks. He reads the game well and has nipped in front of the striker to steal possession a number of times. His passing offers us more opportunity to start an attack from the back. Looks to be Mancini's favoured partner with Vinnie and currently is justifying his selection.

And not to make this a Lescott pile-on, but has anyone else noticed how much better Hart's distribution is with the Kompany-Nastasic partnership?

It could have been Jerome Boateng now who's partnering with Vinnie. But the kid got impatient, and fair enough, is playing regularly for a strong side.

But Nastasic imo is an equally talented cb,maybe even better than jerome or savic. I haven't seen Nastasic make a critical defensive mistake, and that will only make it harder for Lescott.

Vinny has made more mistakes than Nasty this season I reckon. But then again, Vinny is also the more dominant, more involved CB thus he takes more risks.

tenententen said:
It could have been Jerome Boateng now who's partnering with Vinnie. But the kid got impatient, and fair enough, is playing regularly for a strong side.

But Nastasic imo is an equally talented cb,maybe even better than jerome or savic. I haven't seen Nastasic make a critical defensive mistake, and that will only make it harder for Lescott.

I'd still play lescott for now but nasty is miles better than either jerome or Savic.

was a moment last night when him and vinny played it back and forth, then back to nastasic again and he was being quickly closed down, and he was just so calm in passing it out to zab, just so calm it was like he felt no pressure. reminded me of mario on the spot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.