Matija Nastasic

FantasyIreland said:
stony said:
Interesting to see that Savic is now doing well.

He was nowhere near as bad as was made out,although his inexperience wouldn't allow,a decent run in our side would have revealed a different player.

I always liked his attitude,glad things are turning good for him.

you may be right but he just didn't cut it in the prem, some players simply can't hack it. good luck to him though.

I hope everyone realizes we are probably loosing lescott because of him....lets hope that the right decision...
I still feel lescott is strong that nastasic....stength is key.

mgx.sleck said:
I hope everyone realizes we are probably loosing lescott because of him....lets hope that the right decision...

So because Lescott is stronger, he should play?

Don't think that's a good enough reason pal. Nastasic is better on the ball, with it, positionally better and importantly has had 5-6 clean sheets alongside Kompany. No need to change that just because Lescott has more strength.

Not too mention that Nastasic did well when against Andy Carroll who usually gives any defender in the league problems.

cccc said:
mgx.sleck said:

Don't think that's a good enough reason pal. Nastasic is better on the ball, with it, positionally better and importantly has had 5-6 clean sheets alongside Kompany. No need to change that just because Lescott has more strength.

Not too mention that Nastasic did well when against Andy Carroll who usually gives any defender in the league problems.

Nastasic is the future w/Rekik, Lescott would have been replaced within 18 months at best, he and Barry will be shipped by the summer imo, they've done their job.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cccc said:
mgx.sleck said:

Nastasic is the future w/Rekik, Lescott would have been replaced within 18 months at best, he and Barry will be shipped by the summer imo, they've done their job.

barry won't leave yet. he got man of the match on wednesday. He helped our defense so much...since he has come back from injury, we haven't conceded as many goals!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cccc said:
mgx.sleck said:

No chance mate..and Barry still has a big job to do for us

Labatt Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
cccc said:

He gets slower game to game, at some point he'll become a liability, he can't cope in Europe as it is.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Labatt Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

He gets slower game to game, at some point he'll become a liability, he can't cope in Europe as it is.

Slower game to game(he was immense last night)? U gotta be havin a laugh! Garcia is a lot faster I admit,but he was quickly running into the wrong places like a headless chicken last night and he was bought to replace NDJ. Which headless chicken do U suggest we replace Barry with?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cccc said:
mgx.sleck said:

I agree, Nastasic is the future and while it's sad to see someone who helped us to that title leave I think it's just inevitable, no idea who would want him though with his age and more importantly wages.

Telling me Barry is leaving is like telling a child Santa isn't real :(

Though like you said in a lower down post he's loosing pace and I can't imagine him going on for many more seasons, no matter how much I want him to.

Paul11/12 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Labatt Blue said:

Slower game to game(he was immense last night)? U gotta be havin a laugh! Garcia is a lot faster I admit,but he was quickly running into the wrong places like a headless chicken last night and he was bought to replace NDJ. Which headless chicken do U suggest we replace Barry with?

I don't rate Garcia 2bh, what I'm saying is that Barry doesn't have the athleticism to keep his solid, tidy style of play up at the top level, he can't at the European level and eventually it'll show more and more often in the league. He doesn't have the technical ability to keep him at that level, so he can't play deep lying playmaker at the top level. He already gives away silly fouls and gets turned and beaten by more athletic or skillful players, at the end of the day he neither has the athleticism or technical ability to really cut it as a top CM, in the week to week Premier League against other midfielders his level he's decent, but at the top level against the best teams with more technical players he's found wanting.

It's not about headless chickens, it's about having someone with his composure and know how but with more athleticism or having some one far more technically gifted. Xabi Alonso gets away with being slow because he's so technically gifted, Milner's athleticism gives us another dimension that Barry can't provide, I'm not saying we can or should sign Xabi Alonso I'm saying that Barry's legs are going, he wasn't the quickest to start with but in recent months(starting really with his Liverpool sending off last season) that even in his basic role he struggles to keep up, and at the end of the day we need a CM partnership that can control a midfield in the league and in Europe, and Barry can't offer that the same Lescott can't at the back, they've given good service and given us a lot to cheer but their time is almost up imo and if we want to evolve and be serious on the European stage they will have to move on sooner rather than later, it's the way of the world at the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.