Matija Nastasic

I thought when Lescott came on we started to look more comfortable in the air. Nastasic is promising but the way the talk is going on here you'd think he was the best of Franz Beckenbaur/Pele and Maradonna combined. I think he tends to wander a bit in games, good on the ball and strong but a lot to learn.

Couldn't see it posted, but did anyone see MOTD3 (the online thing) on Monday? Michael Owen getting a few sly digs in about Nastasic when he and Hansen had to pick an eleven each from the players that started the derby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20661695 Starts about 5 minutes in.

New Years Day can't some soon enough, although the bench-warming little turd probably won't play....

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Kun Aguero said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
To be fair he really struggled today. Maybe a bit harsh to say he had a bad game but I don't think he had a good game. But great experience and he is a top player now with the potential to become world class.

Struggled? all things considered I thought he played well.

When you say all things considered I take it by that you are referring to the problems he had with the physical presence of the Toon strikers and the fact that they got the better of him quite a lot.i.e. he struggled.

But he struggled manfully and did ok and I expect will learn a lot from it.

He will need to adapt to the 'tough away team who pummel you in the air' type of game we face occasionally. He got a severe testing today and I felt he did pretty well. However, when Lescott came on he managed the situation impeccably in Kompany's absence.

Nastasic has to go through these kind of experiences in order to master them so fair play to Bob for giving him ample opportunities to develop.

It's been said before, but it's worth repeating...If he had gone to the rags and played for them as he has done so far for us, then every pundit in the land would be singing his praises at every opportunity.

unexpected item said:
It's been said before, but it's worth repeating...If he had gone to the rags and played for them as he has done so far for us, then every pundit in the land would be singing his praises at every opportunity.

That's true "Fergie still has the midas touch for finding a gem" or some other shite.

I think people are getting slightly carried away with Nasty.

He is obviously going to be magnificent in years to come but all this "you don't even notice him" isn't exactly the best of positives - compare the guy to where Vince is at and you soon realise he's got a long way to go yet.

Not in any way slating the guy but I can't recall any crunching tackles or last ditch goal saving challenges as yet in his few performances.

Rammy Blue said:
I think people are getting slightly carried away with Nasty.

I don't think people are really. He's a 19-year-old starting for the champions of the biggest league in the world and has in his first months dismantled the meanest defensive partnership in the Premier League for two seasons running. Obviously he can and will improve a lot though, but he's worthy of the hype.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.