Matija Nastasic

I think what is clear is that he needs a good aerial presence partnering him. He is a brilliant 'technical' defender but with Kolo (who wasn't bad either) not being great in the air either Newcastle were winning nearly everything in the air today and we were a bit lucky they weren't more ruthless in the box. When Lescott came on he instantly started winning high balls in the box. Is it really so impossible to play Nastasic and Lescott together in future, Nasty to me looks like he could be comfortable on either side.

LoveCity said:
I think what is clear is that he needs a good aerial presence partnering him. He is a brilliant 'technical' defender but with Kolo not being great in the air either Newcastle were winning nearly everything in the air today and we were a bit lucky they weren't more ruthless in the box. When Lescott came on he instantly started winning high balls in the box. Is it really so impossible to play Nastasic and Lescott together in future, Nasty to me looks like he could be comfortable on either side.

I thought Kolo did very well today, perhaps it would be worth a punt to play Lesscot and Kolo together against the physical sides, the problem with that would then be that neither Kolo nor Lesscott are very good at passing the ball out of defense.

Kun Aguero said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
BlueGun said:
Has this lad even had a bad game yet.... he's just too good for his age.

To be fair he really struggled today. Maybe a bit harsh to say he had a bad game but I don't think he had a good game. But great experience and he is a top player now with the potential to become world class.

Struggled? all things considered I thought he played well.

When you say all things considered I take it by that you are referring to the problems he had with the physical presence of the Toon strikers and the fact that they got the better of him quite a lot.i.e. he struggled.

But he struggled manfully and did ok and I expect will learn a lot from it.

LoveCity said:
I think what is clear is that he needs a good aerial presence partnering him. He is a brilliant 'technical' defender but with Kolo (who wasn't bad either) not being great in the air either Newcastle were winning nearly everything in the air today and we were a bit lucky they weren't more ruthless in the box. When Lescott came on he instantly started winning high balls in the box. Is it really so impossible to play Nastasic and Lescott together in future, Nasty to me looks like he could be comfortable on either side.

Not sure I agree with that mate, Kolo held his own and took the fight to them at the back with Zaba.

It baffles me why commentators cant see why Mancini plays Kolo instead of Lescott. Don't they understand two left footed center halves is not the best option ? Back to topic, thought Nasty had another good game today although Ba and Ameobi will give any defender a difficult time.

citymad said:
It baffles me why commentators cant see why Mancini plays Kolo instead of Lescott. Don't they understand two left footed center halves is not the best option ?

If you are going to bring sensible comments to this forum you will not be made welcome. Why do you expect some numpty commentator on $ky to know anything about football ?

Not sure what games some of you were watching

Kolo and Nastasic were outstanding. All Newcastle did was hit it long repeatedly so of course Newcastle were bound to create a few chances

We are lucky to go to Newcastle when they are without Cabaye and Ben Arfa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.