Matija Nastasic

That's because he's usually the only person on the field at the back who even tries to play forward passes. Kompany is a sure on bet to chip the ball into touch on the righthand side atleast twice a game, Yaya cant be bothered half the time, and rodwell shits himself when an opposition player comes within 20meters of him and has to play it back to the goalie.

The only problem I have with him is his constant desire to play the ball out in danger. Sometimes, he should really just clear the ball.

Young said:
The only problem I have with him is his constant desire to play the ball out in danger. Sometimes, he should really just clear the ball.

Disagree here. Having Centre Backs who cannot bring the ball up through the middle, is a massive disadvantage. When you have a bloke punching through the first line, it drawns midfielders into him, which leaves space for out midfielders behind.

we need to get Lescott back in the side in place of this guy, he's a deer in the headlights and a small upgrade on Savic at best. How many times has he given it away in dangerous areas?

Panthera Tigris said:
we need to get Lescott back in the side in place of this guy, he's a deer in the headlights and a small upgrade on Savic at best. How many times has he given it away in dangerous areas?
What games have you been watching mate? Nasty has just fallen into a team playing poorly, he can hardly be blamed for us struggling.

shevtheblue said:
Panthera Tigris said:
What games have you been watching mate? Nasty has just fallen into a team playing poorly, he can hardly be blamed for us struggling.

I was suspicious considering he wasn't even an automatic first choice at Fiorentina, toiled a bit against Kenny Miller against Scotland. I appreciate he's been thrown in difficult games when he's still a novice, but hasn't done much anything to ease my concerns. Same happened last year when Mancini suddenly dropped Lescott away to Bayern for Kolo, and Kolo was hopeless again. Lescott was excellent for much of last season. Mancini is losing the plot I reckon.

Think he's the complete opposite to a deer in the headlights, always seems calm and collected and willing to play it out of danger. Still a lot to work on obviously but I think he's the opposite to a deer in the headlights and a huge improvement on savic (not hard)

Panthera Tigris said:
shevtheblue said:
Panthera Tigris said:

I was suspicious considering he wasn't even an automatic first choice at Fiorentina, toiled a bit against Kenny Miller against Scotland. I appreciate he's been thrown in difficult games when he's still a novice, but hasn't done much anything to ease my concerns. Same happened last year when Mancini suddenly dropped Lescott away to Bayern for Kolo, and Kolo was hopeless again. Lescott was excellent for much of last season. Mancini is losing the plot I reckon.
Well he obviously didn't start the season for Fiorentina as a starter given that he was playing in the youth team and would've been 18yrs old. Fior did have a settled back 3 at the time (if i remember) but they were all struggling and Mihaijlovic moved him into the first team. 25+ games in Serie A at 18yrs old when being brought in is a good record.
A 19yr old having a bad game against Kenny Miller? Hardly a reason to panic mate, I remember Maldini getting skinned by a couple of wingers when he was younger (NOTE i am not comparing him to Maldini). IMHO, and it is only an opinion of course, this kids done ok. Hes not looked amazing by any stretch indeed he seems to lack a yard of pace, but he's not the problem and i think he is actually an upgrade on Lescott but you can't account for experience which Lescott trumps him on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.