Matija Nastasic

Re: Matija Nastasić

I'm still waiting for 'Arry to tell us he was in for him when he was at Spurs, 'City blew us out the water'...

Cracking player and absolutely no doubting what so ever that he will be World Class. Buys and sells Phil Jones and if United had him we would have all heard how he was the next so and so and how Fergie spotted him blah blah. Fuck it don't care, they had a great partnership with Vidic and Rio for years and now they're on their last season or two. Our partnership is only just starting.

Just a TOP NOTCH player. Already and in the first year in the big time at 19. Amazing when you think of it. Lot of people say we had such a weak summer window, but who in the entire League has been a better pickup?

Van Pervy of course. Michu. Now past this I am having a hard time coming up with somebody who played a bigger role for their side. Just think back to how much disarray we had on the back line before Bob put the Nas into the XI on a regular basis.

BTW, retroactive big ups to Bob for that move. Took some stones to elevate a 19 year-old at that point in the season.

It just goes to show that the group of folks on BM who would have a hissyfit every time Savic was criticized and say "he's young yet, he's going to be world class, mistakes are part of the learning curve, he has to develop, etc etc etc" were squarely in the wrong. As it turns out, you CAN not look terrible as a young player just starting out in the prem. Well, maybe you can't, but Nasty can.

green pennies said:
It just goes to show that the group of folks on BM who would have a hissyfit every time Savic was criticized and say "he's young yet, he's going to be world class, mistakes are part of the learning curve, he has to develop, etc etc etc" were squarely in the wrong. As it turns out, you CAN not look terrible as a young player just starting out in the prem. Well, maybe you can't, but Nasty can.
Don't like to rub salt into the wounds, but Matija is a long way ahead of Savic. I do feel genuinely sorry for SS, but he just wasn't suited for the fast pace of the PL, whereas Nastasic looks like he's been playing this type of football all his life. It augurs well for a long term partnership with Vinnie, red cards permitting!

Can he play in midfield,upfront,can he take corners and head them in ? Got a long way to go to match Jones

Nastasic is without doubt the best signing we made last summer , and the only one to make a real impact so far ..... although i do feel that Garcia did a pretty good job at Arsenal , and is settling in slowly.

TBF every time watching the games i don't even think " look he is a new guy only 19 hope he learn or don't do mistakes" i feel like he was here for a long times and more he is invisible ( in a good way) compared to savic who every time you are watching you try to find where is he, in case there is bad defending :)

Some of you empty heads really need to calm down.the kids been excellent so far.but hes 19 lets see him as good as vinny in 4/5 years time and we may have a player.dont build the kid up to much.would hate it all too go wrong.seen it all before.have faith but calm down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.