Matija Nastasic

MCFC BOB said:
My only worry is that if Nastasic is brought into the team we'll have two ball playing centre-halves in our first team, rather than one ball-playing centre-half and a centre-half with a more combative and commanding style.

Kompany does have both attributes, though.
what do Liverpool have?
i think we should emulate them

He has done everything right so far but he hasn't really been tested much. I would agree with that.

He is an aggressive defender though, one that can get stuck in with the tackle and as you know he is very good on the ball.

Do people think he will start against Dortmund?<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 am --<br /><br />
cccc said:
He has done everything right so far but he hasn't really been tested much. I would agree with that.

He is an aggressive defender though, one that can get stuck in with the tackle and as you know he is very good on the ball.

Do people think he will start against Dortmund?

By the way - why do people have to bad mouth Kolarov in this thread also? Calling him a midtable player is a piss take.

cccc said:

-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 am --

cccc said:

By the way - why do people have to bad mouth Kolarov in this thread also? Calling him a midtable player is a piss take.

because some people are tossers and they think its his turn to get slagged off.

your new here arent you

I'm pretty excited about him. Looks the real deal

It's testament to the fact he's 19 too.. Is there another premier league club with a 19 year old defender starting? Maybe the Arsenal left back that's all.

adrianr said:
itisrising said:
adrianr said:
Odd as it sounds, I really want him to make a big mistake to see how he comes back from it. Defenders, even top ones, always have a mistake in them. How they let it effect them (the opposite to how Savic dealt with it ideally) is very important. If he's strutting about next game like he still owns the place, superb.

Certainly have huge hopes for him. Sickening that he's only 19. Imagine him being at the centre of our defence for a decade?!

He better make that mistake for Serbia and not us! I am sure Bluemoon would be calling for his head if he did make a mistake for us.

Exactly. If he's someone who's put off by the will of Bluemoon he's got no place in this squad. If he turns around and puts on a MOTM performance and shuts everyone up, bang, our new ball playing centre half. (I'm not talking getting knocked out of the CL sort of mistake, just something that applies pressure, which is almost as much of the game now as kicking the damn ball).

He made several bad mistakes v Real Madrid, one costing us a goal, & had an absolute nightmare 2nd half & extra time v Villa, costing us 1 goal & partially costing us the other 2.

He proved v Fulham that he has the maturity to come back from that but Fulham gave him an easy ride & he is likely to cost us more goals v better opposition. Not because he's no good, simply because he is only 19 & not as experienced as Lescott & Vince.

There are very few title winning teams who manage to retain it it with 19 year old central defenders.

Neville Kneville said:
adrianr said:
itisrising said:
He better make that mistake for Serbia and not us! I am sure Bluemoon would be calling for his head if he did make a mistake for us.

Exactly. If he's someone who's put off by the will of Bluemoon he's got no place in this squad. If he turns around and puts on a MOTM performance and shuts everyone up, bang, our new ball playing centre half. (I'm not talking getting knocked out of the CL sort of mistake, just something that applies pressure, which is almost as much of the game now as kicking the damn ball).

He made several bad mistakes v Real Madrid, one costing us a goal, & had an absolute nightmare 2nd half & extra time v Villa, costing us 1 goal & partially costing us the other 2.

He proved v Fulham that he has the maturity to come back from that but Fulham gave him an easy ride & he is likely to cost us more goals v better opposition. Not because he's no good, simply because he is only 19 & not as experienced as Lescott & Vince.

There are very few title winning teams who manage to retain it it with 19 year old central defenders.

i fully agree with that last sentence.

it show what a poor footballer lescott is and how desperate we are to push him out of the starting 11

Aphex said:
I'm pretty excited about him. Looks the real deal

It's testament to the fact he's 19 too.. Is there another premier league club with a 19 year old defender starting? Maybe the Arsenal left back that's all.

Gibbs is 23!

MCFC BOB said:
My only worry is that if Nastasic is brought into the team we'll have two ball playing centre-halves in our first team, rather than one ball-playing centre-half and a centre-half with a more combative and commanding style.

Kompany does have both attributes, though.

Being able to control and pass the ball doesn't preclude a player from being combative and commanding. As you say yourself, Kompany has all three attributes. It's not like he can only use one set of skills during a match.

Lescott is a great player for us, but there are times when his lack of skill on the ball lets the team down. On Saturday there was a moment in the second half when we were dominating Fulham. They cleared the ball out of the box and Nastasic was alone in their half just ahead of the center circle. With a player closing him down, Nasty controlled it with his thigh (I think), passed the ball to a player in space, and we kept possession. I wouldn't put money on Lescot being able to do that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.