Matija Nastasic

How many games has he played...exactly. The lad looks top drawer but talk of future captain etc is ridiculous. Can we please all just let one young lad progress without doing the usual bluemoon on him

Neville Kneville said:
Savic had no obvious capabilities to work on, wheras Nastasic does have plenty, but he is still a kid & shouldn't become number one choice for the champions unless he is playing absolutely fantastic, undroppable football, which he isn't, he is making regular mistakes.

Last season's first choice back 4 was the best in the country & we should do our best to get it playing together regularly, with Nastasic as backup.

Whilst I agree with not blowing him up, I don't agree with him making regular mistakes. He's made a few of course, but by and large they have been anomalies.

The last 3 games, he has played very well. Talk of future captain is great, but way way too early.

cccc said:
Neville Kneville said:
Savic had no obvious capabilities to work on, wheras Nastasic does have plenty, but he is still a kid & shouldn't become number one choice for the champions unless he is playing absolutely fantastic, undroppable football, which he isn't, he is making regular mistakes.

Last season's first choice back 4 was the best in the country & we should do our best to get it playing together regularly, with Nastasic as backup.

Whilst I agree with not blowing him up, I don't agree with him making regular mistakes. He's made a few of course, but by and large they have been anomalies.

The last 3 games, he has played very well. Talk of future captain is great, but way way too early.

He's made some absolute shockers, some of which he has got away with, some, like the clearence v Ajax, have resulted in goals.

If VK or Lescott miskicks a ball like that & the resulting corner ends in a goal, they get shit for it. Just because he's a kid, doesn't mean that incidents like that & his shocking display v Aston Villa don't matter. It's all stuff he has to improve on, or otherwise he doesn't get the job.

Seeing only the good stuff & being blind to the mistakes won't help him or us.

Neville Kneville said:
cccc said:
Neville Kneville said:

He's made some absolute shockers, some of which he has got away with, some, like the clearence v Ajax, have resulted in goals.

If VK or Lescott miskicks a ball like that & the resulting corner ends in a goal, they get shit for it. Just because he's a kid, doesn't mean that incidents like that & his shocking display v Aston Villa don't matter. It's all stuff he has to improve on, or otherwise he doesn't get the job.

That was an awkward ball into the box that firstly shouldnt have been allowed to come in with so much time (as happened time and again in both games) and secondly if he had not cleared could have landed in a dangerous position had someone been rushing in like they had throughout the two games. City had a lot of corners that didnt come to fruition, blaming the guy for something like that is pretty crazy. Imo he has been more assured than vinny and has got stuck in too.

i don't agre with the guy that say we must play the same 4 as last year. lescott is a liability cause of his speed (anyone with pace can run past him easily) and nastasic is already better than him. i may not hype that kid as much as u do but it's clear he'll become world class one day and he is class even at 19. his positional play is top class. and u count the wrong clearance that ended a corner a big mistake??? yaya is to blame who switched off in both of their corners. anyway nastasic should partner kompany every game from now on. in 2 or 3 years time i can see this partnership as one of the best in the world(if not the best).

Rascal said:
kiam06 said:
Jury's still out for me he seems to switch off at times as we saw first goal but he is still a kid so hopefully he loses that habit.

The switching off is harsh.

One yes just one thing i saw last night was his command of the back four. Zabba had drifted back beyond the line of the back 4 and Nasti despite his age was straight on the case shouting at him to return to the holding line. Zabs a seasoned international, yet he complied immediatly.

The boy in my opinion will Captain us in time, i do believe he is that good potentially.
Wow bit over the top to be labelling him a future captain, I remember people saying similar things about Savic so I think we should all hold our judgements for a few months. There is something in his gameplay that makes me think he will come unstuck in the Premier League but that's only my opinion we will see. Hope I'm wrong!!

Neville Kneville said:

I think you're overreacting. What shockers has he made apart from Ajax? Which aside from that mistake he was very good.

I understand you're trying to cut down on the hype surrounding him but making things up such as him having 'shockers' doesn't help either.

I think with each game he is getting better, still making small mistakes here and there (natural) but in general very composed which for a 19 year old in his first few months in a new league is impressive.

Him and Kompany together is a really good combination for the future.

The most promising aspect for him is that when he makes a mistake--big or small--he recovers mentally. At least so far he has. I'm not sure you can coach that.

I've been really impressed with his composure while defending and in particular his confident passing. Obviously he isn't going to be perfect but no city player has been this season.

I've already decided that I'm going to get his name printed on next seasons home kit, but my question is will he be number 33 for very long with 3 and possibly 6 being occupied by the walking dead? (Just speculation)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.