Matt Smith

Gonna hold my hands up and admit i didn't even realise twente were relegated! Heh. Does take the gloss off it. You'd like to think he'd start week in week out at very least. It didnt harm Manu Garcia though when he was down there

Gonna hold my hands up and admit i didn't even realise twente were relegated! Heh. Does take the gloss off it. You'd like to think he'd start week in week out at very least. It didnt harm Manu Garcia though when he was down there
In fact I think it's a good loan for him with Twente relegated. Our youth players are not accustomed to playing in a defensive style as many teams at the bottom of there league play. Twente should be one of the best teams in the 2nd division, so I assume they'll play in a way that suits Matt's strengths.

He's still quite young, isn't he. Same age as Foden? Probably a good move for him because you'd expect Twente to dominate that division and come back up. I've always thought he's a great young player who was playing in a team that didn't get the best out of him. They just used to get the ball to Sancho or Diaz and stand back. I think this lad is capable of running games. He could turn into a real player IMO. The good thing is that he's out of the youth team environment.

Honestly, playing in a full stadium with crazy fans, playing in hostile environments, in local rivalry games, is a huge boost to a player.

I hugely rate Matt Smith. One of the dark horses of our academy. They absolutely love him at Twente - one of their key players, and he looked great in his Wales appearances too. Honestly, his game reminds me of Fernandinho. Tough tackling, physical, gets forward very well, can pass very well. We could do a lot, lot worse than have a strong look at him in preseason. We won't though obviously...

At this point media is taking piss now.They are reacting as if Bundesliga is heaven for young players.Not everyone apart from Sancho has set world on fire.

I hugely rate Matt Smith. One of the dark horses of our academy. They absolutely love him at Twente - one of their key players, and he looked great in his Wales appearances too. Honestly, his game reminds me of Fernandinho. Tough tackling, physical, gets forward very well, can pass very well. We could do a lot, lot worse than have a strong look at him in preseason. We won't though obviously...
I’ve always thought he’s been very underrated. Most people just talked about Sancho, Diaz and Foden, and seemed to forget Smith. Would love to see him in the preseason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.