Matthijs de Ligt

De Ligt looks painfully slow from what little I've seen, I'd rather the next CB we bring in is fast, and against England he did not look like a particularly good ballplayer. Obviously it's his age that makes him stand out.
Regardless, there's always a new "potential superstar"

De Ligt looks painfully slow from what little I've seen, I'd rather the next CB we bring in is fast, and against England he did not look like a particularly good ballplayer. Obviously it's his age that makes him stand out.

I suppose it's a good thing you don't have Txiki or Pep's ear then - De Ligt is a fantastic prospect

De Ligt is quite fast for a centre back...

I suppose it's a good thing you don't have Txiki or Pep's ear then - De Ligt is a fantastic prospect

If I did I'd watch him more

If he was to partner a prime Kompany I'd look past the lack of pace as Vinny was very quick but given the future would be De Ligt + Laporte/Stones the lack of pace is an issue for me as the latter 2 aren't fast. And a big reason we have had issues against LFC is this lack of pace in central defensive areas

@Silva_Spell good point right there
If I did I'd watch him more

If he was to partner a prime Kompany I'd look past the lack of pace as Vinny was very quick but given the future would be De Ligt + Laporte/Stones the lack of pace is an issue for me as the latter 2 aren't fast. And a big reason we have had issues against LFC is this lack of pace in central defensive areas

De Ligt is quite fast for a centre back...

Don't really agree with the premise that CBs are typically slow.

Kompany, VVD, Ferdinand, Campbell, Varane, Ramos etc.

Many of the best CBs are/have been fast

Either way, for a side like ours that plays such a high line the obvious place where we can improve in the future - given how good we are in so many aspects - is pace back there.

Look at Walker, he has made such a huge impact for us defensively vs counter attacks thanks to his insane speed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.