Matthijs de Ligt

You are assuming Ajax will take him on loan. They might decide to move on, sign another player in defence.

and you're both assuming that De Ligt would be happy to stay at Ajax on loan in the first place, which given the fact he is trying to leave, doesn't sound likely.

I think it will be better for him to stay at Ajax for another year
This kid ain't being signed to go back out on loan.

He is so mature for his age he has everything in his locker, we ain't spending £40m + to loan him out.

Pep wants this kid to partner Laporte & Stones IMO.

Don't forget Stones,Nico & Vinny will be at World Cup & then on 3 week holiday that's no pre season & fitness problems + any knocks.

This is a great signing if it happens.

He is so mature for his age he has everything in his locker, we ain't spending £40m + to loan him out.

Don't forget Stones,Nico & Vinny will be at World Cup & then on 3 week holiday that's no pre season & fitness problems + any knocks.

Good post. This one is really growing on me. To the point that it’ll be a little bit disappointing if it doesn’t come off. Sane, Ederson, and Jesus has worked out perfectly...no reason to think this one will fIzzle either. I’m happy about it because it will push stones and give Nico/Vinny some room to breathe.

Here’s to hoping it’ll come off. I’ll be pissed if he ends up at Tottenham bc I was a big fan of Sanchez when he was at Ajax and this kid has me excited too.

It’s also not like he just broke out either. He’s been a wonderkid for at least 2/3 years now and has the highest future potential for CBs in those video games. I’ve heard/known about him for a while now despite not even playing the games anymore so the scouts have loved him for quite a while.

You are assuming Ajax will take him on loan. They might decide to move on, sign another player in defence.
I mean... I did say if we did sign him that I WOULD loan Sandler there as Ajax aren’t shy to loan players from top clubs (with views of potential buys. Milik and Traore come to mind) Not that City will or won’t. Based off the logical progression of where Sandler is at currently and the report that he signed not to be loaned around the CFG clubs. Plus a club like NAC Breda is a step down and Girona is a horizontal move, a bit in a tougher league.

I’ve watched a lot of him because Ajax have so many talented players for the future. He’s the best young defender in the league, he’s very mature... one of the leaders of the team and is capable of playing the entire pitch.

There’s times this season in which Vinnie or Nico would be with the ball all the way in the final third and be stuck not knowing what to do with all that freedom, de Ligt is more natural and can even finish as if he was an attacking player he’s so gifted on the ball. He’s really grown since the Europa final against United.

He’s not a player you loan within CFG or anywhere else and you only “loan” him back to Ajax if that’s the only way we can get his signinature(sort of like what Barca what’s to do with Frenkie De Jong for 2019). Having that Ajax education will do well for him in adapting to us because Pep uses similar principals. If we were to sign him I would send Sandler who we signed from PEC Zwolle on a 2 year loan deal to Ajax as he’s more raw but ready to play for one of the top teams in the Netherlands and see how he develops further.

Cheers for that report, mate (you ever thought of working for City’s scouting system?).

Pep Guardiola is monitoring Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt (18) and will assess how much game time he may get before deciding whether to firm up his interest. [@JamieJackson___]

The problem is if he comes now somebody will have to make way for him in order to play champions league football. I am sure he will want assurances he will be included in the champions league squad before he joins. I highly doubt that he will take the place of one of our more experienced defenders in the champions league squad. Honestly I'm asking you if you were a manager who would you drop from the current squad of players for an 18 year old untested in a major league?

Personally I am all for buying him now but loaning him out to Celtic or Girona. At Celtic he will play champions league football and acclimatise with British weather. At Girona he will play in a much stronger league.

I would offer him a 6 year deal, the first year spent on loan. He would then replace Kompany next season when he is out of contract. Its the only deal we can offer him in my opinion. Selling/Loaning one our current defenders will weaken us because there is no guarantees this kid will reach his full potential in a stronger league.

Pep Guardiola is monitoring Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt (18) and will assess how much game time he may get before deciding whether to firm up his interest. [@JamieJackson___]
What's he monitoring? The lads posture while sunbathing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.