Matthijs de Ligt

Anyone watched much of this lad? Saw him 3 times the season before last and was very impressed considering he was only 17 then, but haven't seen him this season gone.

We have bid £53m (as opposed to Spurs £48m) according to the Dutch and Italian press.
EDIT: Also now reported on City Watch.

32, 30, 33, 24, 24, 28, and 26.

One is injury prone and will retire in about a year. One leaves it all on the pitch every match and somehow doesn’t get injured (luck involved). One has less than 10 appearances in the Prem. One is up and down. One is leaving soon, 33 and our only true DM. One is one of the best RB in the world and not a CB. The last is not a CB at all and would be a last resort at best. It’s not great at all to me and it’s a position that needs reinforced soon. Yes, we are fine this szn but what about the next one and the year after? We’ll need it addressed and why not scoop up the Jesus, Sane, Mbappe of defenders? You have to if you can.

Otamendi is the only one you can trust 100%. Vinnie, Stones, and Laporte you are comfortable with of course but Vinnie is hurt for half the year every year, Stones might have mental/confidence issues that affect his form regularly and Laporte is still new to the Prem. I rate all three but there’s gripes to be had if you want to have them.

Seriously.

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous panic posts I've ever read. We only have 4 senior cbs plus two other senior players & Tosin who can play cb, so we desperately need another one.

Do we fuck. We needed one when we got Laporte. We got one. We may decide at some stage, to replace someone.

If we sign this guy, it's because we want him, personally, not because 'we are in trouble'.

Seriously.

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous panic posts I've ever read. We only have 4 senior cbs plus two other senior players & Tosin who can play cb, so we desperately need another one.

Do we fuck. We needed one when we got Laporte. We got one. We may decide at some stage, to replace someone.

If we sign this guy, it's because we want him, personally, not because 'we are in trouble'.

Panic posts? Overreaction a bit on your part. It was simply a post defending the pursuit of De Ligt. Never once did I say anything about being in trouble. At some stage replace one. Why not now? Tosin the replacement anyway. Vinnie can’t even be counted on to play 800 minutes next season so I hardly count him as reliable. We have 3.5 CB’s so to speak. If you think Tosin is serious option then I don’t know what to tell you and I don’t think counting on Walker, Fernandinho, and Danilo as fallback replacements is very smart because you’ll be in the same scenario as the the one we’re in now with a CB position needing to be filled.

Did you completely ignore the part about ‘Yes, we are fine this season?’ Panic my ass lol.

Edit: let me bring up a scenario for you. Two summers ago would you have said no we don’t need Mbappe we have Jesus Navas on the rw?! No you wouldn’t. You get a phenom when you can and make it work. You have your chance and then they make a move to the club that you can’t buy from. I’m all about stacking up phenoms...sane, jesus, Mbappe, de ligt, etc and so forth. You get em when you can.

Last edited:
Panic posts? Overreaction a bit on your part. It was simply a post defending the pursuit of De Ligt. Never once did I say anything about being in trouble. At some stage replace one. Why not now? Tosin the replacement anyway. Vinnie can’t even be counted on to play 800 minutes next season so I hardly count him as reliable. We have 3.5 CB’s at best. If you think Tosin is serious option then I don’t know what to tell you and I don’t think counting on Walker, Fernandinho, and Danilo as fallback replacements is very smart because you’ll be in the same scenario as the the one we’re in now with a CB position needing to be filled.

Did you completely ignore the part about ‘Yes, we are fine this season?’ Panic my ass lol.

I was never comfortable with Otamendi but he's just had one of the best seasons any cb has had. Stones was better than him 1st 6 months. Laporte looks the dog's bollocks & Vinny is still Pep's goto cb when fit, because he's better than all. Fern finished the derby at cb. Danilo v Liverpool in a 3. And Walker might be playing for England there. Tosin helped get us to a League Cup final.

We really haven't got a 'need' for a cb.

If as you say, he's too good to miss, fair enough, but we don't 'need' him.

Unless Stones Ota or Laporte go to shit the season after next season, we don't need him then either.

It would purely be a case of signing a player we want, not one we need.

I was never comfortable with Otamendi but he's just had one of the best seasons any cb has had. Stones was better than him 1st 6 months. Laporte looks the dog's bollocks & Vinny is still Pep's goto cb when fit, because he's better than all. Fern finished the derby at cb. Danilo v Liverpool in a 3. And Walker might be playing for England there. Tosin helped get us to a League Cup final.

We really haven't got a 'need' for a cb.

If as you say, he's too good to miss, fair enough, but we don't 'need' him.

Unless Stones Ota or Laporte go to shit the season after next season, we don't need him then either.

It would purely be a case of signing a player we want, not one we need.

I trust the scouts, a few ‘respected’ blues on twitter, and a few posters on here that have been overwhelmingly positive about him. We definitely don’t need him and yes you’re right we do have comfortable cover in Danilo and Walker. I’m very comfortable with Nico, Stones, Laporte, and Vinny for a few 5/6 match stretches but we’ll need to replace Vinny and rely less on Nico within two years. I’d rather have the top kid in now and preping rather than spend a wild amount when every club knows we need the position filled and will take the piss.

I’m not going to have a hissy fit if we don’t land him but I’m all about your Sanes, Ndombeles, Jesus, Mbappes. This isn’t even going to happen anyway so what are we even doing going back and forth.

I'm no scout, but I've watched a bit of Sandler and a bit of De Light. And I predict Sandler will be the better footballer in 3 years.

Don't waste the money!?

If City have bid that suggests Pep want him.

Working on a few being agreed by the 2 clubs...

Down to player then to make a decision on if he feels the move would be right for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.