Matthijs de Ligt

Market is truly fucked when €60m is not enough for a 18 year old CB. Will probably take €70m-€80m to prise him away and in my opinion thats just too much for unproven CB.
The problem is, De Ligt's 'proven' version playing for a top club would be untransferable. It's the case of now or never.

Still think we should get him this window if possible. Vinny will be vinny next season again and stones loses confidence too easily! An injury or suspension to otamendi or Laporte and we are in trouble!

Still think we should get him this window if possible. Vinny will be vinny next season again and stones loses confidence too easily! An injury or suspension to otamendi or Laporte and we are in trouble!
Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte, Stones, Fernandinho, Walker and potentially Danilo can all play CB. Looks great for me

Market is truly fucked when €60m is not enough for a 18 year old CB. Will probably take €70m-€80m to prise him away and in my opinion thats just too much for unproven CB.

Not enough for a CB who will(injury permitting) play for you for about 15 years?

Half a season after breaking into Monaco's first team(as a starter) and Mbappe cost PSG 180mil

Reactions: Itd
Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte, Stones, Fernandinho, Walker and potentially Danilo can all play CB. Looks great for me

32, 30, 33, 24, 24, 28, and 26.

One is injury prone and will retire in about a year. One leaves it all on the pitch every match and somehow doesn’t get injured (luck involved). One has less than 10 appearances in the Prem. One is up and down. One is leaving soon, 33 and our only true DM. One is one of the best RB in the world and not a CB. The last is not a CB at all and would be a last resort at best. It’s not great at all to me and it’s a position that needs reinforced soon. Yes, we are fine this szn but what about the next one and the year after? We’ll need it addressed and why not scoop up the Jesus, Sane, Mbappe of defenders? You have to if you can.

Otamendi is the only one you can trust 100%. Vinnie, Stones, and Laporte you are comfortable with of course but Vinnie is hurt for half the year every year, Stones might have mental/confidence issues that affect his form regularly and Laporte is still new to the Prem. I rate all three but there’s gripes to be had if you want to have them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.