Mc Donald Mariga deal done (Merged)

OrigamiNinja said:
markbmcfc said:
Maybe City already knew this, hence the reports of a new Gago bid this morning?

You are kidding right? City didnt have a clue because there isnt a brain between the lot of them. This is just another episode in a long line of City transfer disasters!

Well, I cant see us buying both players, they are too similar and where would they both play, as well as Barry, Vieira, NdJ etc?

Gago's agent said this morning an offer would be made today, I know agents can talk shite 99% of the time but, why would he say that if it wasnt accurate?

Sounds to me he was the backup plan.

deano ou812 said:
exactly cook and marwoods heads should be on the block they have left it to late...

typical City eh gary? and surely it's about time you officially changed your name by deed poll from cook to cock; as for marwood, what exactly qualifies him for his current role?

This is following a similar pattern to when our Berbatov bid was reported as accepted all day, then a couple of hours before the end Robinho came out of nowhere.

People slagging the club off as amateurish are being a bit premature.

From BBC

From chrisbevan_bbc on Twitter: "Man City appealed over Mariga work permit at hearing at Wembley this morning. Attended by reps from club, FA, Prem Lge, PFA & ex-pros. Mariga had played enough games for Kenya to get permit but scuppered by Kenya's world ranking of 98. They needed to be ranked 70 or above. Man City can launch another appeal in a future transfer window but will not be able to register McDonald Mariga as a player in this one."

I think Gago would be better for us anyway, we need a bit of composure in midfield. We have Vieira to fill the role McDonald would play, he can wait til the Summer no problem if we want him. He'll be playing regularly at Parma, so no real harm.

kbb said:
From BBC

From chrisbevan_bbc on Twitter: "Man City appealed over Mariga work permit at hearing at Wembley this morning. Attended by reps from club, FA, Prem Lge, PFA & ex-pros. Mariga had played enough games for Kenya to get permit but scuppered by Kenya's world ranking of 98. They needed to be ranked 70 or above. Man City can launch another appeal in a future transfer window but will not be able to register McDonald Mariga as a player in this one."

Un-fucking-believable.

A posted some info about City clamping down on leaks etc, perhaps the person who knew the work permit was a problem didnt say anything in case he thought it was against the rules ;-)

citytill1die84 said:
This is a joke how can he fail a work permit he already plays in Europe and has played enough games for Kenya national team to be granted 1 something doesn't sound right

Unfortunately where he currently plays isn't relevant.

He has to play 75% of Kenya's games in the last 2 years, he probably has done, however Kenya also have to be ranked in the top 70 nations in the World, I'm not sure that they are. Liverpool hit this issue with mark Gonzalez initially, he fit all the criteria however, at the time, Chile weren't in the top 70 nations so his wrk permit was rejected. Liverpool had to wait another 12 months to get him playing in the Premiership as, by that time, Chile were in the top 70.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.