McDonalds struggling

Bring back Wimpy.

Far better, with proper table service. McD has been shit for years, that's assuming it wasn't shit to start with. I have never seen the appeal. (Except, maybe, that some people like consistency, the same taste in every town, even if it's piss poor. That's how keg beer took off.)
They still live! There’s a few stores dotted around the country.

If you don't like McDonalds, do use them. Pretty simple really.
The internet would have you thinking their food is harmful and ultra low quality.
Pretty much like the countless fake KFC images showing gods knows what.

The reality is very different.
I've been doing research for over a year now as i'm re-training to open a cafe/diner.
Through that, i have been spending a lot of time on all the successful food outlets. I've been replicating many menu items just to get into the swing of things.
The recurring theme is that they cannot afford to mess up using low quality ingredients. Most of their savings seem to be by sourcing ingredients in bulk. Then trying to make extra money by selling side items at increasingly higher prices.

McDonalds problem is that they exploited Covid and pushed up their prices. Instead of responding to the market, they kept the prices high and hoped messing around with the menus would hide it. Well it didn't work. People are not stupid.
What was once a cheap way of feeding your kids/family is now a treat item.

These titans of food and like many in the car industry just cannot adapt quick enough to new trends. They cannot seem to accept that sometimes reversing prices has to be done to survive.
VW, BMW, Ford will be wiped out by Chinese EV brands soon. They have been at the top so long that they thought they were too big to fail. Well like the Rags, we know different!

Bring back Wimpy.

Far better, with proper table service. McD has been shit for years, that's assuming it wasn't shit to start with. I have never seen the appeal. (Except, maybe, that some people like consistency, the same taste in every town, even if it's piss poor. That's how keg beer took off.)
Real shame about Wimpy.
Liked the brown bun, Wimpey 1/4 pounder with the Wimpy sauce.
Then around 1990, they changed the burger pattie with cheaper meat. That was the start of the end for me.
Not sure why they would make such a move as your burger pattie is everything etc.
I've messed around replicating it, but with higher quality patties. They could do the same and make a proper comeback.

One of the biggest problems with fast food outlets is the rapid rise of the delivery service without the expansion of the physical infrastructure to compensate. Similar in places like Starbucks, when they first started drive-through service.

A lot of the places are set up to interact with physical customers, be it walk in or drive through, but the likes of Just Eat and Deliveroo orders seem to be prioritised over anything else, leaving physical customers feeling short-changed by the poor standard of service.

Bring back Wimpy.

I posted already there's a Wimpy in Huddersfield, there are a few left but not many up here in the North

One of the biggest problems with fast food outlets is the rapid rise of the delivery service without the expansion of the physical infrastructure to compensate. Similar in places like Starbucks, when they first started drive-through service.

A lot of the places are set up to interact with physical customers, be it walk in or drive through, but the likes of Just Eat and Deliveroo orders seem to be prioritised over anything else, leaving physical customers feeling short-changed by the poor standard of service.
100% agree, some chip shops have one out if four staff serving customers in the shop and the other doing delivery orders. Never tried it but I imagine by the time they get to eat the food it's crap. I remember that a food critic once saying eating fish and chips should be like a race , the faster you eat it after it's just been cooked the better it is. Definitely true!

They still live! There’s a few stores dotted around the country.
Those of a certain vintage will remember the original 'Wimpy Bars' as they were called. Note that Wimpy claim to have introduced the UK to the American hamburger we know it today. At one time, there was one on every high street though I believe that only about 60 now remain. Back in the day, it was more of a traditional cafe serving 'chips with everything' plated meals which included the Wimpy Grill with their trademark semi-circular sausage known as a 'bender' (I'm not making this up). Try asking for a bender in McDonald's! As a taster (pun intended), check out the menu below.

1729788747253.png

No i eat in fancy restaurants all the time, other day I ate at cinnamon club - Indian place near Westminster but pretty posh, lovely setting in a basically massive library room, small dish courses, all lovely food but nothing filling - same for most of the places I go too. Usually after meal and a couple beers later I’m in a queue for McDonald’s/Burger King on way home - I can admit to preferring shit junk food most of time to the posh restaurant food I go to regularly.
Fat **** then basically ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.