McDonald's

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Comrade Buka said:
dannybcity said:
I don't get the obsession with people trying to put others off McDonalds. If you don't like it then fair enough, don't eat it.

I don't get the obsession with people trying to defend McDonalds. If you like it then fair enough, eat it.

Is this you?

the_burger_king.jpg

Lol, appreciate the effort. Anyone who actually looks into how the food industry works, will be concerned. But, as they say, ignorance is bliss.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Comrade Buka said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Im sorry mate you have lost me completely

I suggest you watch the movies Food Inc and King Corn.

I also suggest you read up on Codex Alimentarius and some of the decisions made by them.

Im sorry mate i just dont give a shit. I eat McDonalds like 5 times a year now, i enjoy it when i eat it. Unless i start eating leaves from the forbidden garden its quite likely there will be some form of shit in my food and drink. I would suggest you worry more about the air you breathe as its full of shit and you have no choice in breathing

It's a free world.

dannybcity said:
Comrade Buka said:
dannybcity said:
I don't get the obsession with people trying to put others off McDonalds. If you don't like it then fair enough, don't eat it.

I don't get the obsession with people trying to defend McDonalds. If you like it then fair enough, eat it.

Why should they have to defend it? I don't like salmon for example but I don't feel the need to produce youtube clips of salmon fish cakes being made.

The only person who gets offended by what I have written is someone who feels the need to defend their own habits. If you didn't give a shit about McDonalds I doubt you would react to what I posted.

If you eat at McDonalds and enjoy it by all means keep doing it.

If you don't like what I post, I suggest you don't read it.

As far as salmon, I prefer pan-fried salmon. Wild salmon if possible. Salmon cakes sounds sacrilegious. Who in their right mind minces perfectly good meat to puré?

Comrade Buka said:
The only person who gets offended by what I have written is someone who feels the need to defend their own habits. If you didn't give a shit about McDonalds I doubt you would react to what I posted.

As far as salmon, I prefer pan-fried salmon. Wild salmon if possible. Salmon cakes sounds sacrilegious. Who in their right mind minces perfectly good meat to puré?

I'm not the least bit offended by what you say, that's my point! Everyone knows that it's not the best quality food out there, so why do people feel the need to point it out. The majority of this thread is just food snobbery and there is nothing more boring than a food snob with "a passion for food".

“The tertiary butylhydroquinone and dimethylpolysiloxane in the McNuggets probably pose no health risks,” Nestle said. “As a general rule parents shouldn’t feed their children foods with ingredients you can’t pronounce.”
[/quote]

I like the word "probably, very reassuring. Nestlé there's a beacon of truth. :)

Speaking of fat, the only fat I eat is butter and coldpressed oils. Most people would be shocked if they found out how margarine is made.

-- Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 pm --

dannybcity said:
Comrade Buka said:

I'm not the least bit offended by what you say, that's my point! Everyone knows that it's not the best quality food out there, so why do people feel the need to point it out. The majority of this thread is just food snobbery and there is nothing more boring than a food snob with "a passion for food".

Food snobbery? How is not wanting to eat dyxlophenihixtramengalineturbolax food snobbery? Is trying to find alternatives to oil as a fuel, oil snobbery?

That you want to live in denial about what you put in your body is fine. But the more people "don't give a shit" the less options there are for those who want options. Hence, the only way to battle apathy is with information. If I am a food snob in your eyes because of that, then yes, I am a food snob. And a proud one too.

I started this thread because I needed something to eat and sharpish like. I went into a McDonald's and it really was tasteless rubbish.
One "burger" and chips aint going to do me any damage and it wouldn't if I ate one every couple of weeks
I'm no culinary snob, I love a fish and chips from a chippy, or an ASDA pizza, but I still am amazed that people can be addicted to something that hasn't even got a taste.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gbk.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gbk.co.uk/</a>

One of these in town and 100% better than Mc D's . They have offers on vouchercloud and discount if you join them on Facebook .

Comrade Buka said:
“The tertiary butylhydroquinone and dimethylpolysiloxane in the McNuggets probably pose no health risks,” Nestle said. “As a general rule parents shouldn’t feed their children foods with ingredients you can’t pronounce.”

I like the word "probably, very reassuring. Nestlé there's a beacon of truth. :)

Speaking of fat, the only fat I eat is butter and coldpressed oils. Most people would be shocked if they found out how margarine is made.

-- Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 pm --

dannybcity said:
Comrade Buka said:

Food snobbery? How is not wanting to eat dyxlophenihixtramengalineturbolax food snobbery? Is trying to find alternatives to oil as a fuel, oil snobbery?

That you want to live in denial about what you put in your body is fine. But the more people "don't give a shit" the less options there are for those who want options. Hence, the only way to battle apathy is with information. If I am a food snob in your eyes because of that, then yes, I am a food snob. And a proud one too.[/quote]

This is why you're a food snob. You seem to think that people who eat McDonalds do so through ignorance whilst you have some information that will enlighten us all like some kind of fast food prophet, we could call you McHammed. I know it's not good for me, same as I know Guinness won't give me a washboard stomach there's no denial here, the difference is I don't care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.