MCFC U16's

Joel Latibeaudiere gets his long awaited England U16 callup and is on the bench v Norway today. England already lead 1-0 through Jadon Sancho. Phil Foden also in the squad too.

But you are not going to get better facilities than at City & then the fact Pep is taking over, I can't see the sense in any kid leaving voluntarily.

If Pellegrini was staying for the long term, I'd advise the whole lot to jump ship, but even if they don't get games under Pep, his methods are likely to filter down.

Because in the past they haven't seen any progression, and they have to make a decision based on that.

If I had a lad in our youth system I was absolutely definitely be concerned about his future and availability of playing time no matter how good he was.

Because in the past they haven't seen any progression, and they have to make a decision based on that.

If I had a lad in our youth system I was absolutely definitely be concerned about his future and availability of playing time no matter how good he was.

Think you're both right in this. I get the concern, but thankfully I think the Pep argument is also hugely persuasive, and a legit one. Still think some will want assurances past that, and thats fair enough too.

As far as I know the under 16's players consist of some of the following (I reckon a couple have probably moved on or been released so please correct me if I am wrong

Joe Hilton - GK - Just seen he has gone to Everton
Adao Manuel - DR/C - been on trial at middlesborough recently I think
Ed Francis - DC -
Joel Latibeuare - DC -
Tyreke Wilson - DL -
Matty Smith - MC
Diego Lattie - MC
Colin Rosler - MC
Mace Goodridge - Not sure position
Tom Dele-Bashiru - MC
Phil Foden - AM
Jadon Sancho - AM
Tyreke Campbell - S
Luke Bolton - S

also had the following players at some point, not sure there positions or if they are younger or anything mind...

Luke Walsh
Ben Hughes
Keyendrah Simmonds
Keyendrah Simmonds is an U15 - he is the younger brother of Liverpool's Okera and has featured for England U15 but Walsh and Hughes are U16s. Iker Pozo, Jose Pozo's little brother is also an U16.

I understand that, but it's not as if any of the the kids would get much game time at the swamp or anywhere else before they were 18 & Guardiola's record is good for playing kids, even ones who are not worldeaters. If they feel there is no future for them.at City at 18, 19, they can leave with 3 years of Pep Guardiola on their cv.

Keyendrah Simmonds is an U15 - he is the younger brother of Liverpool's Okera and has featured for England U15 but Walsh and Hughes are U16s. Iker Pozo, Jose Pozo's little brother is also an U16.

Goodridge was on trial with Leicester the other week. Swear I saw Lattie at Liverpool too.

what position do walsh, hughes and pozo play mate?

does anyone know out of that list who is and isn't being offered a scholarship?

Isn't Ash Kigbu also in the under 16 squad

If memory serves me right both he and Bashiru have "busy" fathers who have form for seeking "reassurance" through press briefings before

Isn't Ash Kigbu also in the under 16 squad

If memory serves me right both he and Bashiru have "busy" fathers who have form for seeking "reassurance" through press briefings before

He's a first year scholar now so with the u18s. Really nice lad actually - very friendly and very intelligent too seemingly.

what position do walsh, hughes and pozo play mate?

does anyone know out of that list who is and isn't being offered a scholarship?

This would be my educated guess. I think i'll be 90% right - sancho, bolton, campbell, smith, latibeaudiere, dele-bashiru, foden, francis, rosler.

I don't think Hilton was, hence the move - especially considering Anderson's stepped it up for the 15s. Goodridge and Manual have been on trial elsewhere. Lattie *might* have been offered. Not sure, difficult seeing as Latibeaudiere and Francis are arguably ahead of him. Wilson i'm not sure about either. Would be difficult given the LBs ahead of him in the u18s alone. Surprised if Pozo, Hughes and Walsh are offered.

All of them will get scholarships at a high level if not at City, that's for sure. Once again, that's my educated guess, not fact. I feel for the lads either way. It's a tough time of the year and its not nice for the ones who don't get offered. Thankfully they've all had an exceptional education and should end up at a great club either way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.