MCFC U16's

I didn't either. That is reassuring, a lot. I'm sure they care about their son's well-being, but that could surely play a huge role in it. I'm sure Pep's signing might convince one or two to think otherwise too :)
I would think the Pep factor will have a huge influence on every aspect of our club,including the thoughts of academy parents who will,in the majority, have grown up in the same era as the man and will be fully aware of his talents and vision.

Kelechi is different class,his speed, movement and vision were obvious attributes thst could be further developed.Unal,in my stupid opinion.......nevrr displayed anything that suggested he would be any better than the talent we already had,despite being a so called Turkish sensation.

And how many games of Unal have you watched? Are you a regular watcher of bursaspor?

Didn't think so. You're basing your evaluation of him on fuck all.

And how many games of Unal have you watched? Are you a regular watcher of bursaspor?

Didn't think so. You're basing your evaluation of him on fuck all.
No,of course not,id never even heard of him prior to our interest.It was at that point i did my best to find as much coverage as possible,and my thoughts were that he didnt have any outstanding abilities that suggested he was anything better than our current crop,i would like to be wrong.Please lose the aggression,im not looking for confrontation.

No,of course not,id never even heard of him prior to our interest.It was at that point i did my best to find as much coverage as possible,and my thoughts were that he didnt have any outstanding abilities that suggested he was anything better than our current crop,i would like to be wrong.Please lose the aggression,im not looking for confrontation.
Today's a good day so let's all be happy guys.

I've probably seen even less than you of Unal but apparently Chelsea, United & Arsenal (plus probably everybody else) were keeping track, Chelsea especially were credited with a long interest in him. The scouts and coaches think he was worth a £500,000 gamble on as one for the future (up to £2 mill plus a 10% sell on as reported) so we'll have to wait and see. He seems to take a mean free kick BTW, unusual for a striker.

Anyone heard anything regarding Lattie, Manuel & Goodridge? Would've expected to them to play up more for the U18s considering Lattie and Manuel's NT status and Goodridge played up last season. Are they injured?

Also what's the deal with Aaron O'Driscoll and Myles Beerman, thought they were both first years? Or are they still waiting for clearance or are they injured? Assuming the latter seeing as Brahim and Sarmiento seemed to get clearance quickly. Regarding Sarmiento I feel quite sorry for Lewis Blackshaw. Hardly got any opportunities this season.

Anyone heard anything regarding Lattie, Manuel & Goodridge? Would've expected to them to play up more for the U18s considering Lattie and Manuel's NT status and Goodridge played up last season. Are they injured?

Also what's the deal with Aaron O'Driscoll and Myles Beerman, thought they were both first years? Or are they still waiting for clearance or are they injured? Assuming the latter seeing as Brahim and Sarmiento seemed to get clearance quickly. Regarding Sarmiento I feel quite sorry for Lewis Blackshaw. Hardly got any opportunities this season.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Lattie, Manuel and Goodridge may be three of the ones who may not have been offered scholarships. Don't quote me on that, but Lattie has been at Liverpool apparently, Manuel lined up for someone else recently too. Boro possibly, can't remember. Goodridge had a trial game for Leicester. I'd not have expected any of those three to have played up if the likes of Latibeaudiere, Francis, Smith, Foden, Sancho, Campbell, Bolton etc haven't played up yet, even Dele-Bashiru has only played a few games.

O'Driscoll has been injured, same with Beerman. Both are nearly back though I think. And yeah, I know what you mean about Blackshaw. He's looked decent when I've seen him, but can't really deny Sarmiento's quality either, and Blackshaw wasn't really getting football he wasn't around either. Duhaney was starting at left-back with Bullock on the right.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Lattie, Manuel and Goodridge may be three of the ones who may not have been offered scholarships. Don't quote me on that, but Lattie has been at Liverpool apparently, Manuel lined up for someone else recently too. Boro possibly, can't remember. Goodridge had a trial game for Leicester. I'd not have expected any of those three to have played up if the likes of Latibeaudiere, Francis, Smith, Foden, Sancho, Campbell, Bolton etc haven't played up yet, even Dele-Bashiru has only played a few games.

O'Driscoll has been injured, same with Beerman. Both are nearly back though I think. And yeah, I know what you mean about Blackshaw. He's looked decent when I've seen him, but can't really deny Sarmiento's quality either, and Blackshaw wasn't really getting football he wasn't around either. Duhaney was starting at left-back with Bullock on the right.
Wow, that's bizarre to hear!

Saw Lattie's name around Norwich, think he went on trial there briefly too. Would assume those three and any others sadly not staying will be snapped up pretty quickly considering the U16s form this season. Considering how talented this group is it's such a shame to see these players leave (same for all other groups really) but (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't there an limit on the size of one intake? Though I have seen some clubs have big groups around 14-15 players.

Also would hope we're not signing any additional players. To think, if that is the case players of those quality were being released in favour of others would be pretty upsetting imo.

Speaking of Blackshaw, if he wasn't getting football why was he offered a deal? I suppose it was to back up Sarmiento, but personally I think it would've been better to play up an U16 left-back (Tyreke Wilson, am I correct?) and let Blackshaw get more minutes elsewhere.

Wow, that's bizarre to hear!

Saw Lattie's name around Norwich, think he went on trial there briefly too. Would assume those three and any others sadly not staying will be snapped up pretty quickly considering the U16s form this season. Considering how talented this group is it's such a shame to see these players leave (same for all other groups really) but (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't there an limit on the size of one intake? Though I have seen some clubs have big groups around 14-15 players.

Also would hope we're not signing any additional players. To think, if that is the case players of those quality were being released in favour of others would be pretty upsetting imo.

Speaking of Blackshaw, if he wasn't getting football why was he offered a deal? I suppose it was to back up Sarmiento, but personally I think it would've been better to play up an U16 left-back (Tyreke Wilson, am I correct?) and let Blackshaw get more minutes elsewhere.

Well that's it, as talented as they are there are simply too many. Intake numbers are monitored and I think about ten were offered. We took about nine last year too.

Blackshaw was getting football, at u16s level. This is his first in the u18s and he's just had a quiet year as a 1st year scholar so far, as did Bullock, but he's played a lot in his second year (this year)... I'm not sure if Wilson will be kept on, which may see Blackshaw as the first choice LB next year for the u18s, like Bullock has done this year at RB. Sarmiento was actually signed for the EDS too, and he defo cant play for the u18s next season I think so I suspect he'll be promoted to the EDS before long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.