MCFC U16's

From what I hear he wasn't offered a deal unfortunately. Still a great move for the lad.
Unusual not to offer a keeper a deal. Does that leave us short for the u18's next year ? Think Grimshaw and Haug are now overage

From what I hear he wasn't offered a deal unfortunately. Still a great move for the lad.
Very disappointing then, although I could see why players would go to certain teams I'm not sure why Everton as a goalkeeper, Although we do have the Likes of Joe Hart, Angus Gunn, Kjetil Haug and Daniel Grimshaw ahead of him, looks like only 10 left now.

Last edited:
Unusual not to offer a keeper a deal. Does that leave us short for the u18's next year ? Think Grimshaw and Haug are now overage
Think we have Anderson currently playing up for the U16s so he could end up playing up in the U18s. He looks a good prospect!!

we have had a problem with to many average players signed at 16+ from foreign clubs for several years now. I've been worried about it for a while that eventually it could affect our own lads from signing on with us. Most of our 16s should be playing u18 now, likewise a lot of our u18s should be moving up to the u21s. I'm no expert but we seem to have to many players signed up. I just haven't seen the need to sign players like faupaula faour haug for example and I bet more will be signed this year. Nothing against foreign signings just the sheer number of bang average ones. Anyway hopefully this gets resolved and we keep the vast majority of this talented bunch together because one or two of them could be special.

we have had a problem with to many average players signed at 16+ from foreign clubs for several years now. I've been worried about it for a while that eventually it could affect our own lads from signing on with us. Most of our 16s should be playing u18 now, likewise a lot of our u18s should be moving up to the u21s. I'm no expert but we seem to have to many players signed up. I just haven't seen the need to sign players like faupaula faour haug for example and I bet more will be signed this year. Nothing against foreign signings just the sheer number of bang average ones. Anyway hopefully this gets resolved and we keep the vast majority of this talented bunch together because one or two of them could be special.

Slightly over simplifying it I guess, but there's a point within there. Of the notable foreign lads, I agree regarding Faupala. Really bizarre one. He's not a bad player, just ya know...okay. Bit pointless. Intima was signed ages ago, i'll discount him....other than that its been mainly positive re the foreign lads, with a couple of exceptions.

Faour had a huge, huge reputation and looked great when we initially signed him. It hasn't happened. That's life. Likewise Haug. Bossaerts from the previous gen of signings has looked naff too... but conversely I think its far to say all the Spanish lads look potentially very good. Angelino, Maffeo, Brahim, the Garcias, Sarmiento, Fernandes. Pozo *should* have been great, and looked very promising before two years of injuries hit him. Lopes was class. Shouldn't have sold him. Denayer is top class too. Kongolo is starting to become a very handy player and has put in some great displays recently. Ntcham was a great prospect, and still could be the kind who suddenly gets good. Might not, but not a bad bet. Fofana similar really. Dilrosun started slow but looks brilliant this year for the 18s. Ambrose is a wonderful player too potentially, and there's no doubting Celina's ability. Don't get me started on Kelechi :)

To me there's actually a few English lads that i think are probably not quite gonna be at our level, even though I like their commitment and effort. Horsfield. Plummer. Glendon. Tattum. O'Brien. You'd have to be a brave man to argue that Smith-Brown, Nemane etc are any better than some of those foreign lads too.

I agree some probably aren't up to it, but I don't really think the finger of blame is at the foreign lads. The hit rate is pretty successful overall potentially. Some duds, but most are at least good, with some potentially top class. That's fair. And its the same with the English. I think overall there's just a lot of players, English and foreign, that need to be moved on to free space for the u18s. I don't mind Nemane for example, but i think Buckley's already ahead of him for example. Nmecha is better than Faupala too for me.

Very disappointing then, although I could see why players would go to certain teams I'm not sure why Everton as a goalkeeper, Although we do have the Likes of Joe Hart, Angus Gunn, Kjetil Haug and Daniel Grimshaw ahead of him, looks like only 10 left now.

To be honest, I just think they prefer Anderson coming through behind him in the 15s. Gunn is excellent, and Grimshaw has been very strong this year too. Lawlor's done very well out on loan this year...they probably just think they'd be cruel to keep Hilton sat on the bench. That's life. Everton is a great club for him and brilliant news for the academy too. It shows that we can give these kids a great future potentially regardless of whether we offer them a contract.

Out of interest have you heard the same numbers as what the paper says @twosips not signed out of 11?

Yep. Heard about the same numbers. About 5 out of 10 offered.

Last edited:

And nah - keepers can play for an extra year. Likely that Grimshaw may have a third year, and if we need a keeper we can always promote Anderson.

Slightly over simplifying it I guess, but there's a point within there. Of the notable foreign lads, I agree regarding Faupala. Really bizarre one. He's not a bad player, just ya know...okay. Bit pointless. Intima was signed ages ago, i'll discount him....other than that its been mainly positive re the foreign lads, with a couple of exceptions.

Faour had a huge, huge reputation and looked great when we initially signed him. It hasn't happened. That's life. Likewise Haug. Bossaerts from the previous gen of signings has looked naff too... but conversely I think its far to say all the Spanish lads look potentially very good. Angelino, Maffeo, Brahim, the Garcias, Sarmiento, Fernandes. Pozo *should* have been great, and looked very promising before two years of injuries hit him. Lopes was class. Shouldn't have sold him. Denayer is top class too. Kongolo is starting to become a very handy player and has put in some great displays recently. Ntcham was a great prospect, and still could be the kind who suddenly gets good. Might not, but not a bad bet. Fofana similar really. Dilrosun started slow but looks brilliant this year for the 18s. Ambrose is a wonderful player too potentially, and there's no doubting Celina's ability. Don't get me started on Kelechi :)

To me there's actually a few English lads that i think are probably not quite gonna be at our level, even though I like their commitment and effort. Horsfield. Plummer. Glendon. You'd have to be a brave man to argue that Smith-Brown, Nemane etc are any better than some of those foreign lads too.

I agree some probably aren't up to it, but I don't really think the finger of blame is at the foreign lads. The hit rate is pretty successful overall potentially. Some duds, but most are at least good, with some potentially top class. That's fair. And its the same with the English. I think overall there's just a lot of players, English and foreign, that need to be moved on to free space for the u18s. I don't mind Nemane for example, but i think Buckley's already ahead of him for example. Nmecha is better than Faupala too for me.

To be honest, I just think they prefer Anderson coming through behind him in the 15s. Gunn is excellent, and Grimshaw has been very strong this year too. Lawlor's done very well out on loan this year...they probably just think they'd be cruel to keep Hilton sat on the bench. That's life. Everton is a great club for him and brilliant news for the academy too. It shows that we can give these kids a great future potentially regardless of whether we offer them a contract.

Yep. Heard about the same numbers. About 5 out of 10 offered.

Will be gutted if Phil Foden hasn't signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.