MCFC U16's

Well that's it, as talented as they are there are simply too many. Intake numbers are monitored and I think about ten were offered. We took about nine last year too.

Blackshaw was getting football, at u16s level. This is his first in the u18s and he's just had a quiet year as a 1st year scholar so far, as did Bullock, but he's played a lot in his second year (this year)... I'm not sure if Wilson will be kept on, which may see Blackshaw as the first choice LB next year for the u18s, like Bullock has done this year at RB. Sarmiento was actually signed for the EDS too, and he defo cant play for the u18s next season I think so I suspect he'll be promoted to the EDS before long.

Angelino -> 1st team

Sarmiento -> EDS

Blackshaw -> u18s first choice.

The conveyor belt in action

Well that's it, as talented as they are there are simply too many. Intake numbers are monitored and I think about ten were offered. We took about nine last year too.

Blackshaw was getting football, at u16s level. This is his first in the u18s and he's just had a quiet year as a 1st year scholar so far, as did Bullock, but he's played a lot in his second year (this year)... I'm not sure if Wilson will be kept on, which may see Blackshaw as the first choice LB next year for the u18s, like Bullock has done this year at RB. Sarmiento was actually signed for the EDS too, and he defo cant play for the u18s next season I think so I suspect he'll be promoted to the EDS before long.
Ah I see, I see, seems to make more sense then.

Alternatively, Wilson could go the same route as Blackshaw predominantly second-choice for the first year and then a regular the second year, though again seems a little unfair imo as they only get one year to really prove themselves and, in my opinion, there should be more rotation throughout all the academy squads.

Do you know how the offering/releasing system works by the way? Seems strange to offer as early as December (even heard of other clubs finalising stuff in November!) when it's only been a season and a half for them to prove themselves in the U15s/U16s. Is there any criteria? Seems strange not to take on Lattie, Manuel if those rumours are true. (Though with Latibeaudiere and Francis also centre-backs I'd assume one of those three may struggle for minutes. Can't really see them getting rotated tbh though that seems like the logical option)

Any news on the second years not turned pro too?

Angelino -> 1st team

Sarmiento -> EDS

Blackshaw -> u18s first choice.

The conveyor belt in action
Do we see Duhaney as a left back or a right back? The few times I've seen him at left back I've been very impressed but I think he can play both.

Do we see Duhaney as a left back or a right back? The few times I've seen him at left back I've been very impressed but I think he can play both.

I think he is technically a right-back, but I think he's better on the left to be honest. It's different and it was interestingly tactically having a fullback cutting inwards.

Can anyone ITK shed any light on the current contract wrangles for certain under 16s players? Daily Mail reporting that players are looking to move away following Pep's arrival - it's all bollocks of course - but be interesting to hear from any insiders on what's going on.

Can anyone ITK shed any light on the current contract wrangles for certain under 16s players? Daily Mail reporting that players are looking to move away following Pep's arrival - it's all bollocks of course - but be interesting to hear from any insiders on what's going on.

Tbh mate, read this thread. There is some concern from parents and its not total bollocks unfortunately.

Tbh mate, read this thread. There is some concern from parents and its not total bollocks unfortunately.

If you're ever in the proximity of any of these concerned parents, perhaps talk loudly about how Guardiola brought through 28 youth players in 4 years at Barcelona and they might overhear you.

You can understand why a parent would be concerned, but you would hope the club has everything it needs to convince anyone.

They know better than anyone the investment made in the academy, I'm sure they've seen the videos of Khaldoon talking about youth products in the team, and now (on top of 5 players getting debuts this season) the club has brought in a manager renowned for his use of youth players, and not just use of them, but belief that the process of bringing them through is a necessary one for any club.

Surely that's enough for the club to persuade anyone that the club wants them to succeed here? I don't know, it's obviously a tough decision for anyone.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.