MCFC Ultras group

Fanny Fart said:
Pigeonho said:
It's not, and never will be, in the English football fans' mentality to replicate our continental cousins. They pull it off because its what they do, the Italians more than anyone. You might get a few tongue in cheek groups, (Barrow have one), but its not serious like it is in Europe. It's just not what we do.

Absolute nail on the head.

Anyone with a megaphone/drum at a match in England just looks a twat

so what english atmospheres are crap, weve tried the way of just letting the atmosphere creating itself that doesnt work, people say they can sing when they want- no one sings, against teams like bayern it was shit, why not try something different look at what the poznan did. If the english way of atmospheres is to sit in silence and only sing when were winning then whats the point of even going to cheer on your team .

Fanny Fart said:
Pigeonho said:
It's not, and never will be, in the English football fans' mentality to replicate our continental cousins. They pull it off because its what they do, the Italians more than anyone. You might get a few tongue in cheek groups, (Barrow have one), but its not serious like it is in Europe. It's just not what we do.

Agreed, it would just shatter the peace and tranquility we've built up over the last few years, how twattish!

bluebannana said:
Fanny Fart said:
Pigeonho said:

so what english atmospheres are crap, weve tried the way of just letting the atmosphere creating itself that doesnt work, people say they can sing when they want- no one sings, against teams like bayern it was shit, why not try something different look at what the poznan did. If the english way of atmospheres is to sit in silence and only sing when were winning then whats the point of even going to cheer on your team .

Strange concept, but maybe some go to the game to watch the football?

law74 said:
bluebannana said:
Fanny Fart said:

even stranger concept some people go to games to have a sing and a laugh as well ?

sweep said:
Fanny Fart said:
Pigeonho said:

Agreed, it would just shatter the peace and tranquility we've built up over the last few years, how twattish!

The people that leave early and sit there with prawn sandwiches look more like twats tbh.

bluebannana said:
Fanny Fart said:
Pigeonho said:

Not slating the atmosphere, i'm explaining the difference in cultures. The Son Moix, Majorca's ground, well one of the sides of their ground has one guy who is continuously with his back to the pitch, shouting the chants he wants the fans in that part of the stadium to sing. On the opposite side there is another guy doing the same thing. Tiny little ground that, holds about 20k i'd say, perhaps less, but fuck me it was impressive to see. I spent a lot of the game watching him perched ontop of a little metal railing, getting the crowd to sing chants of his choice. It works there, and the other grounds in Spain, for example, because that has been in the culture of the Spanish football fan for decades and decades, it's what they do as football fans. Over here it is completely different, note the word different, not 'bad'. It's like that ****-faced band that follows England. I sat near them once and all I kept on thinking was 'you all look like a bunch of dry, mangled fanny's', they were doing my fucking head in, because it's not what supporters do in England, it just isn't.

law74 said:
bluebannana said:
Fanny Fart said:

Strange idea but if you don't really want to get involved then stay at home, you get a good view(s), don't need to drive anywhere, get commentary no queues etc.

Nobody's saying you have to join in, if you just want to watch don't stand with the ultras.

Pigeonho said:
bluebannana said:
Fanny Fart said:

Not slating the atmosphere, i'm explaining the difference in cultures. The Son Moix, Majorca's ground, well one of the sides of their ground has one guy who is continuously with his back to the pitch, shouting the chants he wants the fans in that part of the stadium to sing. On the opposite side there is another guy doing the same thing. Tiny little ground that, holds about 20k i'd say, perhaps less, but fuck me it was impressive to see. I spent a lot of the game watching him perched ontop of a little metal railing, getting the crowd to sing chants of his choice. It works there, and the other grounds in Spain, for example, because that has been in the culture of the Spanish football fan for decades and decades, it's what they do as football fans. Over here it is completely different, note the word different, not 'bad'. It's like that ****-faced band that follows England. I sat near them once and all I kept on thinking was 'you all look like a bunch of dry, mangled fanny's', they were doing my fucking head in, because it's not what supporters do in England, it just isn't.
Maybe some people are better at handling change than you are.

Pigeonho said:
bluebannana said:
Fanny Fart said:

We don't have to have a marching band. It hasn't even been mentioned.

Also I don't mind the England band, it really helps the atmosphere as they're aren't much songs that england fans have except for the national anthem.

City already have some drummers, they marched around the concourse for the CL home games. Surely they will be willing to stand at the front and drum out some beats (not mindless pompey like drumming).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.