MCFC Ultras group

I just read the following from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk</a> site

Win a chance to be Man City mascot

The winner will walk out on Etihad turf with the team, get a full kit, a stadium tour, six seats and a pre-match buffet for guests!

go and try your chance. I live outside uk, so i cannot compete

Good luck..

PS. apply before midnight tomorrow (Saturday).

WNRH said:
Watched the Palace-Cardiff game the other night and the way 300 or so fans made a racket for 90 mins, it made me want to go and watch a game there.

Thats all it needs at Eastlands, 300 like minded blues who want to sing for 90 mins non stop. The rest will follow like sheep.

I don't get the same feeling anymore of going to a game, the excitement. That would get me excited to be part of that again.

Calling people 'sheep' isn't likely to get them to follow you.

If those who wanted to sing actually sung instead of telling everyone else how to act, maybe there'd be a bit more noise.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo City!

TheMightyQuinn said:
WNRH said:
Watched the Palace-Cardiff game the other night and the way 300 or so fans made a racket for 90 mins, it made me want to go and watch a game there.

Thats all it needs at Eastlands, 300 like minded blues who want to sing for 90 mins non stop. The rest will follow like sheep.

I don't get the same feeling anymore of going to a game, the excitement. That would get me excited to be part of that again.

If those who wanted to sing actually sung instead of telling everyone else how to act, maybe there'd be a bit more noise.

You get tired of snide looks and no one joining in.

WNRH said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
WNRH said:

I'm all for designated singing sections as it gives everyone the choice. We need a bigger one as ours has a waiting list, I think. But I'm opposed to drums, trumpets, anything coordinated and a bit 'Baseball' and giving ourselves a silly name.

I'd happily stand in the singing section and sing but I'm never going to be a 'Blue Ultra' or anything like that because it just seems a bit sort of wet and contrived.

Also, megaphones, even if I really, really wanted to sing, I'd refuse to sing if someone was trying to make me by shouting in a megaphone. Ask yourself what kind of attention seeking **** would want to be the guy with the megaphone, I'm cringing just typing this!

So yeah, singing sections are fine with me but anything else is just naff.

TheMightyQuinn said:
WNRH said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I'm all for designated singing sections as it gives everyone the choice. We need a bigger one as ours has a waiting list, I think. But I'm opposed to drums, trumpets, anything coordinated and a bit 'Baseball' and giving ourselves a silly name.

I'd happily stand in the singing section and sing but I'm never going to be a 'Blue Ultra' or anything like that because it just seems a bit sort of wet and contrived.

Also, megaphones, even if I really, really wanted to sing, I'd refuse to sing if someone was trying to make me by shouting in a megaphone. Ask yourself what kind of attention seeking **** would want to be the guy with the megaphone, I'm cringing just typing this!

Used to have the same opinion, that it was all manufactured. But any noise whatsoever is better than the silence at our home games.

The way Palace use the drum is perfect. If you didn't have one, you get people having a race to get to the end of the song first (Hey Jude, anyone?)

TheMightyQuinn said:
WNRH said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Id rather have a drum and someone with a megphone anyday beats standing in silence like most people do no, think we should try it

TCIB said:
Would they allow us to do that ?

We get shot at dawn for standing as it is, we need that fixing first.

As long as im at least 4 rows away from the fella with the drum is my only stipulation.

The drum should be no nearer than Grey Mare Lane Market or Shudehill Bus Station!

I'd welcome a bit of brass just as long as they had a lengthy repertoire. Those brass bands with or without the drum only seem to know one dreadful tune!

i think the atmosphere will only get worse when prices go up

Again, I have a drum being a drummer. Would be more than willing.

I will put it forward at the next BA meeting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.