MCFC Ultras group

rickmcfc said:
The atmosphere was better because they were away. Away teams are always louder. No need to create some hooligan yob group strutting around wearing hoodies.

You don't know what an ultra is then.

can't see us changing much, esp at home games.
With the prices in the prem it's a middle class sport now (as we all know).
Younger and/or dafter lads are too few to make a consistent noise.
It's true at pretty much all prem grounds for any team that's been there for a year or two and got over the initial giddyness of getting promoted.

Different fan profile and culture in various parts of Europe.

For my money, I didn't think the Bayern fans were half as good as Aris or the Cypriot lot - they were both amazing.

Bayern were noisy but it seemed a bit dull and uninspired in comparison to those 2.
Repetitive teutonic chanting! - They did the viva ronaldo tune non stop for the first 30 mins

the only problem i can see is if we wanted to get a group of singing lads together it would mean evicting a block of fans which would be very unpopuler.
the only way it would work is if we took a block and told the fans they couldnt renew their season tickets and then advertise it as an ultra block for fans who dont give a fuck if they miss the game because of fans waving flags ect

Was in 213 last night and was disappointed in the atmosphere, especially after the calls on here to make it like Hamburg. So many things need to happen to get that regularly, i dont think it ever will. The best home atmospheres need a team we dont like, or a win and we progress scenario. Last night i think we all knew what was going to happen, if that was win and qualify it would have been better. I class myself as average vocally, join in most songs, stand and really go for it when the team need the backing to push for an equaliser or winner. I am slightly more reserved like last night when you look a #''# cos not many around you are singing.
If 40% are like me and 40% are even less vocal, then the others, spread around the ground cant create enough on their own. IMO the club should allocate blocks to singing sections, flags etc, and because usually the fans who wish just to watch prefer to be near the half way, the 2 ends would be perfect. Behind the goals, both ends, bottom tier, season cards £300. No age limits but a big disclaimer of no complaints from anyone for impeding views, noise, swearing etc. Both ends could try to out do each other and others might join in as it looks and sounds fun. If the only criteria was to watch the match without hassle from occasional standing, singing, queueing for the bogs or a pint it would be easier to watch it on TV, but i thought that the atmosphere was one of the reasons we love live football. IMO :)

There is a light said:
Ultras indeed!

How very sad this sounds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICNC3-ojOH0&feature=related[/youtube]

It's Stanley, you know ;

Here's how it looks from the oldest firm in Europe

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibM3d9F9sCY[/youtube]

or on Serbian derby:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9d41VVJNyI[/youtube]

The atmosphere is not usually great at our home games. I think it's better at aways because everyone stands up and everyone is in one section so it's easier to get songs going. Also you probably get more hardcore fans at away games.

I wish they could re-introduce a home standing end, that would defo improve the atmosphere.

I'm not a fan of drums or bands at football & I don't want some twat with a megaphone telling me what songs I have to sing.

"Ultras" is an interesting concept, but it could only work if people actually knew what "ultras" are, and what they stand for, and reading this thread many or most don't.

Its my opinion that there is a much easier way to have a better atmosphere, and that is to create a section in the ground where the seating is unallocated, where people arrive, and take up the 'seat' they want, rather than sit where they are told on their ticket.

This is how the best atmospheres of the were created at all grounds before the Taylor report. It doesn't need "safe standing", though that would be a help in my opinion, and it can still be season ticket holders only.

Create an area of say 3-4000 where you buy a season ticket for the area, rather than the seat. The club would only sell the number of season tickets that the area will accommodate, and you can only gain access to the area if you have a ticket for it (would need an extra layer of turnstile I think), this would require some sort of segregation to prevent others trying to join, and causing over crowding.

The people who would buy for this area, would be told that its likely to be an area where standing is likely, and that they are not guaranteed the same seat every week, and would accept these terms from the start. As one of our polish friends says above, it needs people with the same ideas/mentality together in the same area, people that would sing, would want to sing.

There are issues with safety, and I'm sure the club would need some convincing, but these could be easily got over with a bit of common sense on both sides.

It might even generate an "ultra" type culture through time.

No offence but the blue alliance are utterly useless at creating an atmosphere at home games. It was like a church at times last night apart from the Bayern fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.