MCFC Ultras group

Thorpiemcfc said:
ell said:
Sorry lads but definately a no from me RE the drum.

Small club mentality (no offence to bolton, blackburn etc)

greenie_34 said:
Definitely not a fan of drums, very small time.

Bayern Munich, and a lot of top european clubs who are considered to have some of the best fans home and away are considered small time!?

exactly, we're hardly brilliant now, so why not try it next year?

ell said:
Thorpiemcfc said:
ell said:

greenie_34 said:

Bayern Munich, and a lot of top european clubs who are considered to have some of the best fans home and away!?
In this country mate
Indeed, this is a quiet country for quiet fans thank you.

ell said:
Thorpiemcfc said:
ell said:

greenie_34 said:

Bayern Munich, and a lot of top european clubs who are considered to have some of the best fans home and away!?
In this country mate

nobody had done anything like the poznan in england before, and look at it now, taking ideas form european clubs that work well for them can't be a bad thing, drums can be used to make an atmosphere (Bolton et al.) or enhance an atmosphere (Munich et al.) its up to us as the singing fans to be the difference.

Thorpiemcfc said:
ell said:
Thorpiemcfc said:
In this country mate

nobody had done anything like the poznan in england before, and look at it now, taking ideas form european clubs that work well for them can't be a bad thing, drums can be used to make an atmosphere (Bolton et al.) or enhance an atmosphere (Munich et al.) its up to us as the singing fans to be the difference.
Certain things I like from other countries but drums and mega phones are not for me. I also think the poznan has had its day. What happend to people just singing and making up good songs? One thing I like about foreign fans is the very upbeat tunes they sing to (Cant remember who came to COMS singing to the offspring?)

ell said:
Thorpiemcfc said:
ell said:

greenie_34 said:

In this country mate

Its the way they play the drum, they play a constant beat throughout the songs and double time when they get a corner/goal, its very cheesy I agree.

The reason it sounds good for european teams is they are a bit more imaginative, probably have actual drummers playing rather than any Tom, Dick and Harry. Its simple really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7J5wiQ-qEU&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

just to show how diferent typical euro fans are (mad!) to us, im aware of health and safety etc, but surely these sort of atmospheres created with a few thousend could be created by probably 4x at COMS, the whole SS going at once...

p.s- im a fan of flares/smoke bombs, only on occasions, but think they add an extra edge... although i hate them, the untd fans at city in carling cup semi, we had the whole ground lit up blue, they were with red flares, looked awesome!

p.p.s- 44 secs onwads clip is fans in scotland i think?!

Well, I don't know if it's we swedes that are retarded. But I'm standing in a standing arena with like 50 other that sings, and when we forgot our drum we could not sing synchronized, and our songs died after 2 sec.

What I'm trying to say is, go with a drum in your new standing/ultras/ba/cm11 area. It will make the atmosphere so much better, and you won't regret using it if you can use it in the right way. Don't drum during all chants, you don't need to drum during "we love you city" for example, or blue moon. But bring up some new more "ultras linked" chants, that are good to jump while singing aswell. During those you will need a drum. Look at Palace, that's true quality.

For not long ago me and my friends were having an discussion about Palace. It was me, a West Ham fan, one Leeds supporter and two that were fans of Arsenal. My friends were, and still are, so sure that Man City can't ever have the same ultras fans as Palace, because City fans "are to heartless" and "have a shit support". And you know, it doesn't help at all to tell them that you could fill Main Road in like the third division ...

I think you are doing great today, but I think it would be so much better if you could get a little more ultras liked support. Move the away fans to like, north stand? It's just stupid to have them between two singing areas. Tell City fans that if you want to sing, but don't want to be involved in the upcoming ultras culture, don't stand were the away fans are today. Make that section yours.

And also, if you're gonna bring flags. Remember to paint them yourself, it will just look silly if you go to a game with a flag you have bought in some store. Looks better if you paint it yourself. CM11 has made a few cool flags, thumbs up!

I don't think anyone will read threw the whole post. But I just felt like having to write another post in this very important thread. I also hope Manchester City will let you guys have your section. It will be hard to make it without help from the club, due to the fact that you support a big club.

;-)<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 pm --<br /><br />
Jumanji said:
Madrid and Barca have drums, right?

Barca have like 100k different people on every game. Not a single soul sings during their games. Real is a little different, they had a decent support before. But then people got suspended and so on, so today they have a smaller standing with a maximum of 1k people that sings. Not so much support left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.