Meanwhile Over on Red cafe

I suppose it does grate when you've been following your club for 40 years home and away , spent fkin THOUSANDS of pounds and watched some shyte but kept going no matter what and then someone watching on TV says they're now a blue and loyal.

Fkin respect to those who travel from abroad regularly. I wouldn't travel to a foreign country on a regular basis to watch their local team.

Robbo. said:
On Bluemoon most of them actually believe that Citeh has more fans in Manchester than United. Plus the always spout that they are real, passionate fans unlike those "armchair rags". And than they have 28.000 fans at a fifth round (!) FA cup home game? That's nearly 20,000 shy of capacity. That's absolutely laughable. What's next? Espanyol claiming to be the biggest club in Barcelona? QPR supporters saying they've got more fans than the Arse?

I've been to Manchester countless times and have literally talked to hundreds of different people in pubs and bars in the City Centre. Nearly all of those people were Reds.In fact I haven't encountered more than a handful of Blues. Hell, I've met more Stockport supporters and Liverpool fans in Manchester than Citeh fans!

80:20 for United, and that's being generous.

PTME

Is this guy for real??

YCNMIU!!
^^^ ROFL, funniest comment I have seen in a long while, talk about stupid!

And they call us "bitter"...

The tide is obviously turning, they can't shut up for 2 minutes about us these days.

hilts said:
really dont get anyone not supporting their local club, how good their team or league is is irrelevant to me(parentage excepted)

Its very easy for us to say this given the huge amount of Premier League Clubs in the North West though. I think its difficult for us to envisage not supporting our local team, because we're essentially spolied by the quality of the teams in our region.

We've got City, the Rags, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool and Stoke in the North West in the Premier League alone, and like it or not, most of the coverage on TV, in the Papers, on the Internet, Radio, etc is all about the Premier League.

Even when we were shit in the late 90s, we still got more coverage than most in the 2nd & 3rd tier at the time because of our name.

I moved down to Bristol 4 years ago, and there is absolutely fook all as far as top level football goes down here - Bristol City are in the Championship, then Bristol Rovers are in League 1, with Yeovil, Plymouth Argyle and Exeter.

The people down here watch the same Telly as us, listen to the same Radio and read the same Papers - they're bound to take an interest in what they're exposed to, so they invariably end up picking a Premier League team arbitrarily.

I'm not for a second saying that makes them the same as local fans who are born into it and brought up living it every day (and to be fair to them, most of them recognise this fact), but I can understand why they support a team that may be in a completely different part of the country to where they live. They hear about it all day, and want to be involved.

if i had of been born on the moon i would still have been forced to support city. there was never ever an element of choice, the worse we got, the more important it was to my dad that i became a blue.

i find the whole 'all city fans come from manchester' thing boring tbh, i know blues that travel from dubai, switzerland, london etc. and the hours they put in and money they spend just to see their beloved city is incredible.

But its just so much better being a blue.

Imagine for one second being a rag. Dirty isnt it.

Only a handful of blues went to my school. It was never the easy choice. It does make it feel a little nostalgic to think that I will be able to tell my kids that I was there when we battled on cold crap days in the lower leagues but we need to embrace the global fans so we can continue to progress its an ends to a mean.

And that victory is going to be so much sweeter for us who where there but dont ostracise those just joining the party!

drthingy said:
But its just so much better being a blue.

Imagine for one second being a rag. Dirty isnt it.

Only a handful of blues went to my school. It was never the easy choice. It does make it feel a little nostalgic to think that I will be able to tell my kids that I was there when we battled on cold crap days in the lower leagues but we need to embrace the global fans so we can continue to progress its an ends to a mean.

And that victory is going to be so much sweeter for us who where there but dont ostracise those just joining the party!
The most dirtyest!!!!

Optimus Prime said:
hilts said:
really dont get anyone not supporting their local club, how good their team or league is is irrelevant to me(parentage excepted)

Its very easy for us to say this given the huge amount of Premier League Clubs in the North West though. I think its difficult for us to envisage not supporting our local team, because we're essentially spolied by the quality of the teams in our region.

We've got City, the Rags, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool and Stoke in the North West in the Premier League alone, and like it or not, most of the coverage on TV, in the Papers, on the Internet, Radio, etc is all about the Premier League.

Even when we were shit in the late 90s, we still got more coverage than most in the 2nd & 3rd tier at the time because of our name.

I moved down to Bristol 4 years ago, and there is absolutely fook all as far as top level football goes down here - Bristol City are in the Championship, then Bristol Rovers are in League 1, with Yeovil, Plymouth Argyle and Exeter.

The people down here watch the same Telly as us, listen to the same Radio and read the same Papers - they're bound to take an interest in what they're exposed to, so they invariably end up picking a Premier League team arbitrarily.

I'm not for a second saying that makes them the same as local fans who are born into it and brought up living it every day (and to be fair to them, most of them recognise this fact), but I can understand why they support a team that may be in a completely different part of the country to where they live. They hear about it all day, and want to be involved.

i just dont get why anyone from bristol with no ties to manchester would support city? bristol ia a big place if they all supported bristol rovers or city they would be half decent, supporting a team because they are bigger than your local team or more glamorous is a rag supporters attitude, not having a go because if someone from bristol has supported city for 20 years for example they cant have done it for the success, dont get the mind set thats all.

its the ones coming in the future that will change the fabric of the club

hilts said:
i just dont get why anyone from bristol with no ties to manchester would support city?

As another poster mentioned, people become interested in what they are exposed to.
if you live on a farm you'll more than likely become interested in driving a tractor than if you lived in the city centre and picking up a skateboard.

Constantly seeing City on tv/radio/newspapers creates exposure and awareness... Someone with enough interest could research the club excessively and learn everything about it yet not even attend a single game.
This doesn't make them a City fan?
They watch every game (on tv), have learnt all the clubs history and whatever else.

The kid who listens to the latest pop star excessively watches allthe videos, interviews and so on... idolises this pop star yet has never been to a concert.. This makes the kid not a fan?

Hmmmm

I thrive off live football, to be honest if I couldn't watch City live I would lose interest in the game and would probably seek football elsewhere closer to my home,
My Dad moved to Malaga in Spain, he has been a season ticket holder of Malaga C.F now for over a decade.
He still follows the club by watching games on tv but that's about it..

KansasCITY said:
Lets just leave it at this- it doesn't matter. Foreign fans that aren't glory hunters are just as dedicated as fans from England, anyone who says otherwise has never woken up at 6 in the morning for a match.

On a Saturday i might add, living in Portland OR its a lot worse with pacific standard time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.