Meanwhile Over on Red cafe

People waking up at silly o'clock to watch/listen to games are just as passionate about the club than those that go to matches. I've been in both camps, and I certainly don't consider myself a better/bigger blue because I go to matches now.

Also don't see myself, as someone with Manchester heritage as any better or worse than a Manc born and bred, or a foreigner that picks up an interest in the club and supports them passionately.

Having said that, I don't miss an opportunity to wind up rags about non-local support, even though I'm a foreigner myself. All good banter.

the kippax wall said:
The one thing I don't get with Utd is they use 'Citeh fans are all from Stockport' as some kind of insult and at the same time say 'Salford is red' as though Salford is in some way superior to Stockport. Personally I don't see a great deal of difference between the two, apart from Stockport having a few posher areas to it. The one thing that is a fact though, Manchester is and always has been blue and the majority of United are bandwagon fuckers or out of towners.

Agreed there bud, I remember going down to church stretton in shropshire to see the mrs one night on the train a few years back (she's up here now thank fuck!), and it was full of pissed up rags ... thank god I had metallica on my iPod! :P

It makes me laugh when utd fans bring up the "all city fans are from stockport" because it has somert to do with postcodes, and as you all probably know the area that the SK postcode is HUGE, like for example: Glossop SK13, Buxton SK17 - both in DERBYSHIRE and no way near Stockport pmsl!!!

I take it as a compliment if fans come from far afield. There is a huge difference between rags who aren't from Manchester and blues who aren't from Manchester. The none manc red twats are often glory hunters, which is not something that can be said about the none Manc blues. Quite the reverse, if anything.

Pam said:
I take it as a compliment if fans come from far afield. There is a huge difference between rags who aren't from Manchester and blues who aren't from Manchester. The none manc red twats are often glory hunters, which is not something that can be said about the none Manc blues. Quite the reverse, if anything.

I'm from New Mills (live in ashton now), and believe me. You could probably count with 1 hand that aren't rags. Including myself I only know 3 city supporters

Ditto I take as a compliment when rags say 'Citeh'...it's meant to be a Manc accent..no? So how can that be any way an insult to us..? Numpties.

mcfcliam said:
It really is extremely hard to compete with their tales of Bermuda hot shot Shaun Goater and their boy-zone-esque singing voices as heard on the popular club track 'Blue moon'.

On a side note I'm pretty sure I dislike Roberto Mancini as much as anyone else in football. There is something about the man I really can't stand.

Posted by 'An Irish Red'.

Must be so hard to compete with playing a rodeo version of take me home over a tannoy.

This is something that most rags simply refuse to believe is true - that the scum pump chants through the PA system to sing along to....

Probably refuse to believe it because they never go to the swamp

ArizonaBlue said:
I don't know if I would totally say that no one in Germany or Spain don't also keep an eye out on the Premier League. That said, the Premier League is a strong league yet you see many hard core Bundesliga supporters from the UK.

It is just going to happen. TV showing matches all around the world makes this more than just a local thing for all the big leagues at the very least.

I wake early to watch the Bundesliga, Serie A, Premier League and then after some sleep, I watch the MLS in the evening.

I have loved this sport since I started playing it in 1980 when I was ten.

I do agree though with what you have said.

What people from out England don't realise sometimes is that football in England is much more than just a pastime, the team you support is ingrained in you at an early age (whether you choose the team or the team is chosen for you) and it's much more passionate than watching sport. It's almost tribal in its intensity (which probably explains the aggression) and there is no way a football fan changes allegiance once the choice is made.

Even at my age, there is still more emotion involved in watching a City match than (almost ;) anything else. People outside the country don't get the depth of feeling involved in supporting a team in England.

So I can imagine it's difficult for your average English fan to understand how someone from afar can support an English team. But as I said earlier, they better get used to it ....

I was thinking the other day about their song, "my old man said be a city fan". And it just about sums them up really doesn't it. Despite not being born in Manchester myself I was born blue, I didn't really have a choice (but I couldn't wait to be taken to Maine Road). My dad is blue, his dad was blue and his dad was blue. Rags didn't want to follow City cos we weren't good enough. "why do you support City? They're shit," was all I got growing up. They'll never understand what it is and I'm thankful for that, cheers dad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.