Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread is completely valid. Anyone who cannot recognise the shameful way our club is dealt with by the establishment, be that footballing or media, is deluded to the point of being utterly irredeemable. It is as plain as day.

Quite simply we are spoken about and treated in a way that is hugely disrespectful - and anyone who knows me in person will attest to the fact that that is not something I routinely take in a compliant fashion, hence my routine involvement in this thread.

To suggest, however, that James Milner has gone through the thought processes suggested is predicated on the basis that he thinks about Manchester City's place in the universe as much as the rest of us on here do. He doesn't and never will.

James Milner has made a calculated and considered decision to sacrifice reflected glory for the next few years in order to prolong his earnings and first team football opportunities, possibly in a position on the pitch which he's always felt undervalued at City. No one should ever be gratuitously criticised for backing themselves. Self-belief is what got Jimmy to where he is as much as any other quality he possess, including talent.

That's what his move is about. Very little else imo.

i obviously can't say for sure but its my opinion Milner has a better chance of starting in Englands first game at next summers Euros if he plays next season at Liverpool instead of City

We have simply become despised since the takeover. The media referring to us as moneybags at every turn and ruining the game seems to have brainwashed every other football fan on the planet. We have taken over Chelsea's tag as serial spenders and we are the bad guys of football, Liverpool and United's spending is dismissed due to them earning the right to spend (allegedly). We know we had to spend huge in order to break the monopoly of the so called top 4 and no one likes it.
I've had a couple of examples on how we are portrayed of late. I work away most of the time and I show off the City colours in my car, I have had a few cases now where they think I have jumped on the bandwagon and think I'm a glory hunter, yet ten years ago I was full of well wishes saying how well they respect me for supporting the blues and how they respect us for being so loyal. Same again recently on holiday, my misses and family are Everton fans and we had a chat with a few random people (Geordies, Brummies etc) when they heard her family we're Evertonians they we're bigging up Everton and simply turned their noses up when I mentioned I'm a City fan. If this was pre-takeover we was many clubs favourite second team and had a lot of respect (even though some of it was patronising and feeling sorry for City). Just shows you how time's have changed and I don't give a s**t. We are a force to be reckoned with and other teams don't like it. United , Liverpool and Chelsea's fans will probably be having the same paranoia. Being successful = Hatred it comes with the territory in most cases.

i obviously can't say for sure but its my opinion Milner has a better chance of starting in Englands first game at next summers Euros if he plays next season at Liverpool instead of City
I think it's a worthwhile point, but one that has as much chance of being wrong, as right.

He's made a judgement call that could very well completely fuck-up. And I doubt many City fans would be entirely devastated if it did :-)

Live by the sword.....

I think playing for City has been advantageous for many players England career. Arguably Milner, Johnson, Lescott, Barry have won the vast majority of their caps while wearing the sky blue and players like Johnson have gone off the radar since leaving. Im pretty sure in one friendly in the past couple of year we had five players on the pitch at one time.

If he does well at Liverpool international recognition will follow but similarly if he started regularly in central mid for City it would follow. Most managers tend to have a preference for players exposed previously to pressure, criticism and used to plying their trade in front of large crowds.

I think playing for City has been advantageous for many players England career. Arguably Milner, Johnson, Lescott, Barry have won the vast majority of their caps while wearing the sky blue and players like Johnson have gone off the radar since leaving. Im pretty sure in one friendly in the past couple of year we had five players on the pitch at one time.

If he does well at Liverpool international recognition will follow but similarly if he started regularly in central mid for City it would follow. Most managers tend to have a preference for players exposed previously to pressure, criticism and used to plying their trade in front of large crowds.
Ifyou think the first 4 lines of what you just wrote are true then why do the media say we ruin english players then? must be an agenda then Frank.

its just my honest opinion. getting slightly off topic on my Milner thoughts but at a guess id say Milner Lescotts and Barrys caps is close to 50-50 in wearing blue or not and all were England squad regulars before joining, so given that and the fact they were in a team of PL champions with best defence records etc…when playing at City i would say it wasn't advantageous just deserved, that against the fact your Hendersons Flanagans of the world haven't won a tap and been in a side managing a top 4 finish once does point to the case it might be more advantageous to play for Liverpool

It cannot be forgotten how Pelle was denied the 'Manager of the year ' award 2013/14. Pulis was appointed Manager of Palace on 23rd Nov. He managed for 28 games and won 12. A 5 match winning run was the basis of Palace staying up. That was enough to deny a Manager wining 2 trophies in his first season in England including one of the toughest title races in the history of the Premier league. So why didn't Nigel Pearson win it this year?

Ifyou think the first 4 lines of what you just wrote are true then why do the media say we ruin english players then? must be an agenda then Frank.

I do not think I have ever heard them say we have ruined Barry, Milner, Lescott, joe Hart.

Did Rodwells and Sinclairs career go backwards at City? Probably.

I take your point though about Johnson. History has proven us correct though.

I do not think I have ever heard them say we have ruined Barry, Milner, Lescott, joe Hart.

Did Rodwells and Sinclairs career go backwards at City? Probably.

I take your point though about Johnson. History has proven us correct though.
So you have never heard in the media that young english players should not go to city because we ruin their careers? because theres a few hundred blues on here who have heard it.

So you have never heard in the media that young english players should not go to city because we ruin their careers? because theres a few hundred blues on here who have heard it.

Well you have changed it from english players to young english players over the last two posts.

We have not brought any english players through the academy or purchased young english players who have developed into regulars in the team. Mitigating circumstances Rodwell had a number of injuries but the fact is it has not been a successful breeding ground for young english talent. Personally it does not bother me as I want the best for City and if that means bringing in players like Aguero, Silva of a higher standard I have no issue. Bringing through english or, in particular Manchester lads would be great but not if it reduces the performance levels of the side.

Anyway instead of getting sidetracked a quick look at the Milner international stats showed he made a maximum of 14 of his 53 international appearances prior to signing for City. Therefore it could hardly be considered a disadvantage to his international career

So just chucking the question back over do you think being at City over the past 7 years has been a good breeding and developing ground for young english players? If so can you give examples?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.