Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. Would caveat though that whilst our media coverage is very poor & has improved, I would liken it to how Chelsea were pilloried when they first starting splashing the cash. 10-15 years on & they still get a pretty poor press. Our rotten Media is full of fans & ex players turned pundits who are still obsessed with the original Sky4 ManUre Liverpool Arse & Spuds.
Chelsea's negative press coverage has been largely mollified by the widespread sycophancy towards Mourinho since he returned. Plus, don't underestimate the London effect upon the written press in particular.

The voting in football writers' awards consistently underlines this.

Chelsea's negative press coverage has been largely mollified by the widespread sycophancy towards Mourinho since he returned. Plus, don't underestimate the London effect upon the written press in particular.

The voting in football writers' awards consistently underlines this.
Agreed, this is also in part the London media, click bait as they are now more globally popular than they were & the infestation of their fanboys in the press. It will change for us but we will never get the sycophantic press ManUre & Liverpool get

if this is true city are being very kind to the lad, but that's what we expect from us say nowt let the media print any lies they want
Even this country's press wouldn't fail to report this, if it were true. It isn't.
He didn't get as far as a medical let alone fail one. This 'story' is from a 'satirical view of Villa' blog. I'm sure you can imagine the hysterically funny nature of that.

The few, remaining flat earthers have been pretty conspicuous by their absence these last two weeks or so when the palpable and egregious inbalance in the sports media has been there for all to see, as former Liverpool players have been tag-teaming to take thinly veiled swipes at our club, without any meaningful reply. Free hits at something most on here hold dear.

Our lack of representation in the media is shocking and I feel the club must bear some responsibility for this. There are articulate former players who should have been promoted and developed more proactively in that field within the last half decade. Paul Lake springs to mind. Instead we have the likes of Danny Mills and Niall Quinn who for different reasons clearly find vocally supporting the club to be an uncomfortable experience.

It's seven years since the takeover and I feel we've not dealt with our media management effectively enough in that time.

Banning people wholesale isn't going to be on the agenda, so people need to move past that, but there needs to be a serious rethink about the club's media strategy as it's currently not fit for purpose.

Well my absence has been more to staying out of a contentious thread where differing opinions fail to be respected.

Touching on the Sterling situation without doubt ex-liverpool players have rallied around their club and the press have widely reported it. I see know issue with that and I have no doubt if someone at City put their head above the parapet, like Kompany did March time, that would also be reported as statements from players make the story as Sports journalism is hardly investigative in nature. Sadly we do not really have a cheerleader at the Club. Mourinho for all his faults is a master at it, making claims and accusations and therefore forcing the Chelsea story onto the back pages.

As for Fabian Delphs decision is is hardly surprising. The easy option is to blame the press and their reporting. The fact is players at the club, like Denayer are also seeking assurances with regard playing time and our lack of foresight in last years transfer window (buying foreign back up players rather than HG) is the only reason we are chasing Delph to meet the quota and he has realised this. Even the likes of Micah would not champion the club to Delph and rather than blame others we need to look inwards and our policies to change this perception.

Touching on the Sterling situation without doubt ex-liverpool players have rallied around their club and the press have widely reported it.
Unchallenged. They've been allowed to spout their bile without being challenged in any meaningful way.

There hasn't been a single dissenting voice, as far as I'm aware.

Your use of words is tendentious in the extreme. You talk of the ex-Liverpool players' hegemony in the media as if it's an immutable law of the universe, rather than a self-perpetuating racket.

City have lack of English players: 'Disgraceful, one of our top clubs with no faith in the talent this country produces.'

City try to sign English players: 'Disgraceful, simply trying to sign players in order to fill a quota and sit them on their bench, ruining the game.'

City have lack of English players: 'Disgraceful, one of our top clubs with no faith in the talent this country produces.'

City try to sign English players: 'Disgraceful, simply trying to sign players in order to fill a quota and sit them on their bench, ruining the game.'
Nailed it

Unchallenged. They've been allowed to spout their bile without being challenged in any meaningful way.

There hasn't been a single dissenting voice, as far as I'm aware.

Your use of words is tendentious in the extreme. You talk of the ex-Liverpool players' hegemony in the media as if it's an immutable law of the universe, rather than a self-perpetuating racket.

Yes you are right it has not gone unchallenged by us. If a City player/manager took a swipe at Liverpool you and I both know it would make the back page of every paper.

We do not challenge it so nothing is reported. It is a failing in our PR machine.

Yes you are right it has not gone unchallenged by us. If a City player/manager took a swipe at Liverpool you and I both know it would make the back page of every paper.

We do not challenge it so nothing is reported. It is a failing in our PR machine.
It has not been challenged by anyone, press or presenters alike, never mind anyone associated with City. It is now received wisdom in the media that Sterling would be making a mistake moving to City. I'm not aware of a single journalist who's suggested it would be a good move for him. It would be astonishing in any other area of sports for such a view to subsist so commonly, given all that City can offer.

I accept our PR machine is lacking and have posted as such.

Do you accept that the way the Sterling and Clyne situations have been reported is wholly different? and if so, why do you think that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.