Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^

Your post reminds me of the Everton fans calling the the Echo TheRedEcho,because Liverpool get more coverage.

Anyone who regular reads the Daily Telegraph football section will confirm over the last year or so it's become a rag and dipper click bait special edition. City are generally ignored unless there is something negative to write about.

The few, remaining flat earthers have been pretty conspicuous by their absence these last two weeks or so when the palpable and egregious inbalance in the sports media has been there for all to see, as former Liverpool players have been tag-teaming to take thinly veiled swipes at our club, without any meaningful reply. Free hits at something most on here hold dear.

Our lack of representation in the media is shocking and I feel the club must bear some responsibility for this. There are articulate former players who should have been promoted and developed more proactively in that field within the last half decade. Paul Lake springs to mind. Instead we have the likes of Danny Mills and Niall Quinn who for different reasons clearly find vocally supporting the club to be an uncomfortable experience.

It's seven years since the takeover and I feel we've not dealt with our media management effectively enough in that time.

Banning people wholesale isn't going to be on the agenda, so people need to move past that, but there needs to be a serious rethink about the club's media strategy as it's currently not fit for purpose.

Those who don't perceive bias in the media might be interested in the Telegraph current online football page, all positivity about ManUre neatly joined by our snub

2vm9buc.jpg

Hahaha this is actually real?

I'm not having it... shirley this is photoshopped to wind us up?

Fuck the media.

Let's just remember their biasness and reflect back on this in years to come when we are hopefully still dominant and up at the top... and they will come cap in hand.

They can hate all they want - it still gives us PR (although negative) and i'd rather be noticed than years ago when we were rarely ever reported on.
Feel satisfied knowing that these gutterpress cunts have to report on us.

Hahaha this is actually real?

I'm not having it... shirley this is photoshopped to wind us up?

Fuck the media.

Let's just remember their biasness and reflect back on this in years to come when we are hopefully still dominant and up at the top... and they will come cap in hand.

They can hate all they want - it still gives us PR (although negative) and i'd rather be noticed than years ago when we were rarely ever reported on.
Feel satisfied knowing that these gutterpress cunts have to report on us.
Nope it's real, and don't call me Shirley ;)

Anyone who regular reads the Daily Telegraph football section will confirm over the last year or so it's become a rag and dipper click bait special edition. City are generally ignored unless there is something negative to write about.

Guardian is just the same. It's a rag fanzine these days, desperately chasing rag armchair clicks with Jamie Jackson its cheerleader in chief.

Should ADUG start it's own Newspaper?
Maybe buy The Metro and just distribute it for free everywhere?
include all the regular gutterpress shit in it for the braindead majority but also report fairly on both the rags and city.

When we highlight/publicise uniteds latest signing Bastian schwarzenegger or whatever hes called - the masses will lap it up and love the unbiased coverage, yet the paper will also highlight Vincent Kompany's SOS Children's work or something.

The few, remaining flat earthers have been pretty conspicuous by their absence these last two weeks or so when the palpable and egregious inbalance in the sports media has been there for all to see, as former Liverpool players have been tag-teaming to take thinly veiled swipes at our club, without any meaningful reply. Free hits at something most on here hold dear.

Our lack of representation in the media is shocking and I feel the club must bear some responsibility for this. There are articulate former players who should have been promoted and developed more proactively in that field within the last half decade. Paul Lake springs to mind. Instead we have the likes of Danny Mills and Niall Quinn who for different reasons clearly find vocally supporting the club to be an uncomfortable experience.

It's seven years since the takeover and I feel we've not dealt with our media management effectively enough in that time.

Banning people wholesale isn't going to be on the agenda, so people need to move past that, but there needs to be a serious rethink about the club's media strategy as it's currently not fit for purpose.

Well said mate. I know we don't see what the club do behind the scenes, but to the average fan it looks like we do nothing. It seems every man and his dog can take say what they like about us in the media whether it's true or not, and we just seem to smile and do nothing. If people read enough lies and hear enough bullshit on the tv and radio, it becomes the truth. It's time for the club to admit that the way they are handling things is clearly not working. If they have no idea how to fix it, then they should do what they have done with every other position in the club and bring someone in who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.