Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know my view. What I did found amazing was the number of people, without any thing slightest hint of evidence, who were completely convinced SKY had set the whole thing up and had even gone to the club shop and bought the shirt. It was truly incredible. At the end of the day we are all blues whether we believe in the agenda or not. I just hope it will be a watershed moment.

It would not be a bad thing if journalists who are either negative about us or too lazy to write anything else than lazy stereotypes about us are challenged In this thread. They do exist without question. But I cannot help but think our argument is weakened when everybody from Martin Tyler, to Niall Quinn to BT and Sky are lumped together as having some dislike and motive for insulting the club.

We certainly won't change the media's opinion by feeling sorry for ourselves - as some earlier posters seem to be!

It is not all bad Tim. The two areas where we receive most criticism is the introduction of young players from the academy and the prospects of young English players. The likes of Lopes, Iheanacho and Denayer could alter this perception and if Sterling proves a success that could prove a precedent for other young English players. The training facilities are considered the best around, and our academy set up is lauded as being the best in the country. There are a lot of things to be positive about and even peoples views on FFP are starting to change. We have had some great times and even better is just around the corner.

It has to be said what kind of Blue would put that shit over their head and be seen in it ?

Christ I don't even own any red clothes at all lol

Some real jealous bile being aimed at our club tonight, they don't like the fact we can cherry pick decent talent from one of the old sky four.

They don't like the fact that since they tried to curb our teams development with financial fair play we've been able to ride out the challenges this has brought. We are still here and unfortunately for everyone else will not be going away soon.

Nasri took the step and bettered his career and was vilified for it now sterling has the opportunity too. I'm sure his decision will be vindicated come next May and for many years to come.

Things to be positive about:
We have won 5 trophies in the last 5 seasons
Our business plan and revenues are ahead of plan
We have the best owners in the premier league. They have transformed the club from top to bottom.
We have a fantastic fan base which has supported City through good times and bad
We have the best coaches and academy facilities in the uk.
Our owners have invested in the local community creating jobs and wealth
We have world class players in our squad and are looking to add more
Our owners have a global strategy which is unique in football!
We have a history to be proud of
Some of the greatest and most talented players to perform in the uk have worn the City shirt
We play attacking football which is fantastic to watch
We fight to the end

I think each of these points are true. I'm sure there are more points to add. I do think that the club communicatioln strategy is too passive and should be pushing this agenda with more vim than it is. We obviously argue these points actively with our contacts friends and family. It would be good though to see the club more proactive in pushing these positive messages in the media. We have a fantastic proposition. We need to sell it harder and better. Maybean external consultancy could help but we could be much more proactive than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.