Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are City the only club that a newspaper has led with the amount of money the entire length of the contract will cost? Unbelievable.

Are City the only club that a newspaper has led with the amount of money the entire length of the contract will cost? Unbelievable.

we get more papers publishing it bit did see 1 headline when the scum bought De Maria but it was on the back page bottom 1/4 with the 130m deal

Things to be positive about:
We have won 5 trophies in the last 5 seasons
Our business plan and revenues are ahead of plan
We have the best owners in the premier league. They have transformed the club from top to bottom.
We have a fantastic fan base which has supported City through good times and bad
We have the best coaches and academy facilities in the uk.
Our owners have invested in the local community creating jobs and wealth
We have world class players in our squad and are looking to add more
Our owners have a global strategy which is unique in football!
We have a history to be proud of
Some of the greatest and most talented players to perform in the uk have worn the City shirt
We play attacking football which is fantastic to watch
We fight to the end

I think each of these points are true. I'm sure there are more points to add. I do think that the club communicatioln strategy is too passive and should be pushing this agenda with more vim than it is. We obviously argue these points actively with our contacts friends and family. It would be good though to see the club more proactive in pushing these positive messages in the media. We have a fantastic proposition. We need to sell it harder and better. Maybean external consultancy could help but we could be much more proactive than we are.

Tallest floodlights ?
Curly Watts ?
I never thought Id see us where we are today and after 30 odd years of following us up and down the country seeing us win fuck all and having to go into work facing them sort of pisstakes (what seemed like every feckin monday morning ) I say feck em all , they hate the fact that we have broken up the monopoly that was the established top 4 , as my gran used to say Jealousy is the ugliest trait

we get more papers publishing it bit did see 1 headline when the scum bought De Maria but it was on the back page bottom 1/4 with the 130m deal

But look at this, seriously
CJvlIV1W8AEqEQA.jpg

When was the last time a paper totaled up an entire contract and put it as the headline for a signing who not only has the wage not been released but a deal hasn't even been finalised yet?

We all know my view. What I did found amazing was the number of people, without any thing slightest hint of evidence, who were completely convinced SKY had set the whole thing up and had even gone to the club shop and bought the shirt. It was truly incredible. At the end of the day we are all blues whether we believe in the agenda or not. I just hope it will be a watershed moment.

It would not be a bad thing if journalists who are either negative about us or too lazy to write anything else than lazy stereotypes about us are challenged In this thread. They do exist without question. But I cannot help but think our argument is weakened when everybody from Martin Tyler, to Niall Quinn to BT and Sky are lumped together as having some dislike and motive for insulting the club.
Do you know why we jumped to that conclusion? Have you not had a look around the various media outlets today? The reporting on this deal has pretty much been exclusively how we're being ripped off and how Liverpool have got the deal of the century. I'm sure you'll scour the Internet to pluck the odd article that isn't derogatory but then I'd expect nothing less from you.
Also the fact that Ric had a national paper ask him his thoughts on the Sterling deal only to tell him that what he had to say "wasn't the angle" they were looking at. It's plain as the nose on your face how poorly City are dealt with by the tabloids, Sky and TalkSport, yet we have lads like you putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and going on as if nothing untoward is going on.

Do you know why we jumped to that conclusion? Have you not had a look around the various media outlets today? The reporting on this deal has pretty much been exclusively how we're being ripped off and how Liverpool have got the deal of the century. I'm sure you'll scour the Internet to pluck the odd article that isn't derogatory but then I'd expect nothing less from you.
Also the fact that Ric had a national paper ask him his thoughts on the Sterling deal only to tell him that what he had to say "wasn't the angle" they were looking at. It's plain as the nose on your face how poorly City are dealt with by the tabloids, Sky and TalkSport, yet we have lads like you putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and going on as if nothing untoward is going on.
Spot on Pablo, check out the Daily Record headline

Obscene: Manchester City strike £100m deal for Liverpool and England winger Raheem Sterling

Awful colour Stony lol

The wife once told me she had bought a red car while I was at work, I went ape shit on the phone but when I got home it was maroon (still an awful colour) and her and the kids were laughing at me, gits.

Okay, that's fair enough, but was there also an open letter addressed to Di Maria about how bad a move it is? (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/open-letter-raheem-sterling-liverpool-6054005) or a constant stream of people with increasingly strenuous connections to the player coming out and slamming the player/abusing the new club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.