Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning's poll on SSN provides a fair indicator of why the media bias is so skewed. Supposedly "Who will win the league ?" but actually "who do you support ?", Arsenal are currently 1st (on 64% !!), the rags 2nd, Spurs 3rd, Chavs 4th, Liverpool 5th and us staggering in at 6th with a whopping 3%. Not sure which comes first, the TV pandering to the target audience or the audience being manufactured by the media output. Each feeds the other I guess.

Won't click on this. But the inflection is there for all to see. Picture of Milner, reference to the Sterling fee(incorrect) of which 11 players you could buy for the same amount.

Shocking anti City journalism again

2enntic.jpg

This morning's poll on SSN provides a fair indicator of why the media bias is so skewed. Supposedly "Who will win the league ?" but actually "who do you support ?", Arsenal are currently 1st (on 64% !!), the rags 2nd, Spurs 3rd, Chavs 4th, Liverpool 5th and us staggering in at 6th with a whopping 3%. Not sure which comes first, the TV pandering to the target audience or the audience being manufactured by the media output. Each feeds the other I guess.

And of course, they mentioned all the clubs in that poll concerned......bar one. No prizes for guessing who got ignored!

No one ever has any control over what other teams do. So that's a pointless comment right off the bat. And one that doesn't negate in any way the point that I made.

I never said we "limped over the line". Interesting that you have to use a different word (with a different meaning) in order to challenge my point.

The problem here seems to be that people (such as yourself and peacefrog) have a problem with anyone saying something that could possibly be interpreted as being negative, when in fact what is actually being said isn't negative at all.

I've said it twice before (in both my posts) and I'll say it a third time again (because it seems to be being ignored) - we were worthy winners of both our titles. We deserved them both (the team who finishes top always does).

Ha ha, OB1 and one or two others will have a good laugh at that one. I'm 3 parts nervous wreck and 1 part harbinger of doom mate, busy predicting a 3rd, 4th or even 5th placed finish over on the "Where will we finish?" thread. You effectively endorsed James' comments about limping/stumbling (and by the way, I'm enjoying the semantical debate over the connotations of the word 'stumble'........Fred and Ginger stumbled elegantly through the Foxtrot) over the line, and I pointed out that 89 points was hardly a limp/stumble, that's all, although on reflection I was rather rude about it. My apologies

It is self perpetuating. That is why it annoys me when blues say to simply ignore it. That doesn't solve the problem that if we are to grow the club the media narrative is critical because unfortunately there are too many weak minded people that simply get their views from what they read and hear from the various media channels.

You're right to point out that is a popularity poll supplemented by the neutrals who happen to give their opinion on who they think will win the league. That is why no one except rag fans believe they will win the league but they are still second.

The crazy thing is that on the face of that poll you would think Spurs are a better supported club. In the UK they may well be but if you take a global ire and look at Facebook 'liked' we absolutely dwarf Spurs in fan base. That tells you all you need to know about how media reporting affects are fan base in the UK. By rights with us being the most successful team (imo) in the last 5 years our support in the UK should have been bolstered considerably but it hasn't

That is of course if you actually believe the poll ..........

The end of the 11/12 season was hailed as the greatest even finish to a Premier league even and would never be repeated, with the aguero moment one of the greatest highlights. That was when we were ickle city, 'let them have their time in the sun, they'll soon go away' now they have realised we're not going anywhere, the history books are being rewritten to make out it was a drab ending to a drab season. Limping my arse!!!

This was followed by the Coral Betting odds where the pundits agreed that the betting odds for the PL title were correct with Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United in that order.
Incidentally LFC a distant 20 to 1 so the LFC pundits should encourage their fans to put their money where biased mouth is.

Should be no surprise that any poll they decide to take reflects the views of their target audience ?
As a previous post on the forum mentioned the polls are a way that the media can check where their research into where they should target content is actually happening. Don't think there is much doubt that there are less City supporters in the UK than other clubs is there ?

Last edited:
Whether you think we stumbled or not, you can guarantee that if the rags or the dippers had won the league instead of us, then the word stumble just wouldn't appear in any description of their title wins....which is why this thread exists!

I'd like to think I can match you on the stumbling front mate although I'll concede the painache to your good self :)

which came first the chicken or the egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.