Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you think we stumbled or not, you can guarantee that if the rags or the dippers had won the league instead of us, then the word stumble just wouldn't appear in any description of their title wins....which is why this thread exists!

if we did indeed stumble, we stumbled over the line for the 1st time since 1968 with the 6th highest points total.

our 2nd prem title we stumbled over the line with the 2nd highest goals scored (102 to chelsea`s record of 103 goals for.

Don't know where to post this exactly, but we need your help fellow Citizens!

Play Sports, our local Sky Sports here in Belgium, wants to broadcast 2 classic PL games next week. These are the 2 options:

- chelsea 6-0 man city (27-10-2007):

- CHELSEA 2-4 MAN CITY (27-02-2010):

Now if you all would be so kind to VOTE (i.e. like the picture) on the second option. Because we do not want to watch Chelsea humiliating City, right?

PLEASE help out the City fans here in Belgium and give the second picture a like! Thank you very much in advance.

Daily mail headline...Chelsea for the title? Can Arsenal really win it? Do United have a chance? And who's going down?

Just imagine if that was the old days of the big, sky 4 and the dippers had just finished 2nd. Would they have been omitted from that headline?

Daily mail headline...Chelsea for the title? Can Arsenal really win it? Do United have a chance? And who's going down?

Just imagine if that was the old days of the big, sky 4 and the dippers had just finished 2nd. Would they have been omitted from that headline?
They lost me when they used the words "expert" and "Jamie Redknapp" in the same sentence.

Some really sensible posts which I wholly agree with - It's the sense of 'injustice' which infuriates me - no mention of e.g. yoonited scrawpy last gasp CL final win - All the cash they've squandered on players down the years -including RVP, I don't even know how much he went for - & Di Maria, who they are consistently reported as selling for 44m when, according to figures I have been able to find through this forum, it's actually 38m - where's the coverage of this? - Where's all the stats' about cost per game, per goal etc? No mention of the staggering ineptitude required to conduct a £60,000,000 transaction that's failed so miserably - Not a word about Di Maria & PSG totally out foxing yoonited or the Agent's fees generated in one season - not to mention PSG getting around FFP - oh boy I could go on! How is it possible for commentators to get away with this travesty when it's soooo obvious?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but there's a really good piece written about David Silva called Reluctant Superstar on the Sky Sports website. It's full of praise and quotes Thierry Henry who raves about him with a slight hint at media bias as to why he hasn't been recognised more.

They lost me when they used the words "expert" and "Jamie Redknapp" in the same sentence.

To be fair he's one of the few who isn't on the Sterling bashing bandwagon:

Who is your signing of the summer?

Raheem Sterling. For a 20-year-old to move for that much money shows you how the game has completely changed. It’s been an amazing saga and he’s a very good player but, right or wrong, it shows he has got something about him. He just does not care what people think of him and you have to respect that. He has taken all sorts of abuse his attitude remains: ‘Bring it on.’

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but there's a really good piece written about David Silva called Reluctant Superstar on the Sky Sports website. It's full of praise and quotes Thierry Henry who raves about him with a slight hint at media bias as to why he hasn't been recognised more.

I completely understand trying to balance things out, a very good article too, but even I have conceded there a more negative than positive articles about our great club.
Most of which is down to pure jealousy and click bait and in some cases, Mr. P. Smith, absolute hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.