Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never do not done so for ages I know their game
That's the problem mate, it is a game. They do a golf trip to Tenerife every summer where the likes of Thompson, Stelling, Kamara, Quinn and that big daft Scottish one who's name I can't remember attend.
What they say off screen is fuck all like what they say on it - which makes it worse. It wouldn't be half as bad if they had the courage to back up their convictions, but instead it's a script they go off, one which pays them well and one which won't be knocked on the head anytime soon.

Preaching to the choir but I think there is an argument to made that, as an official partner, you would at least get fair, If not favourable treatment.

Maybe you have a point but where sales are to be made fairness in all other sectors of business evaporate so why should football be any different ?

Perhaps the example of Uefa highjacking the word ''fairness'' to implement FFP (ie a cartel via a barrier to entry) shows how football can be hypocritically exploited..

Maybe you have a point but where sales are to be made fairness in all other sectors of business evaporate so why should football be any different ?

Perhaps the example of Uefa highjacking the word ''fairness'' to implement FFP (ie a cartel via a barrier to entry) shows how football can be hypocritically exploited..

Oh, I was not making a point about fairness but about business investment. If you have provided money to an advertiser you would expect to receive adverts that reflect favourably on your business.

As far as FFP is concerned, I am an econonic policy analyst, so I've saved the forum my musings on that subject to avoid other posters fleeing in boredom.

Oh, I was not making a point about fairness but about business investment. If you have provided money to an advertiser you would expect to receive adverts that reflect favourably on your business.

As far as FFP is concerned, I am an econonic policy analyst, so I've saved the forum my musings on that subject to avoid other posters fleeing in boredom.

Apologies if you are professionally qualified to analyze things but presumably you look at the way others do things then analyse this data ?

In what way do you feel that my views are not of value then ?

Apologies if you are professionally qualified to analyze things but presumably you look at the way others do things then analyse this data ?

In what way do you feel that my views are not of value then ?
I didn't intend to diminish the value of your views, just explain that I have studied FFP and will refrain from going to far into a discussion of it, especially given the subject of the thread.

Danny Murphy with a piss poor theory why Mica Richards failed at City. Not the fact he was made of glass but the fact that City decided to go spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players.

Did he not lose his place in the team to Zabba who signed before the take over and has developed into one of the best full backs on the planet during his time with us?

Danny Murphy with a piss poor theory why Mica Richards failed at City. Not the fact he was made of glass but the fact that City decided to go spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players.

Did he not lose his place in the team to Zabba who signed before the take over and has developed into one of the best full backs on the planet during his time with us?

Yeah, it was either a bit ill-informed or disingenuous of Murphy that. I think he's alright as a pundit, so I'll give home the benefit of the doubt and assume the former.

Richards was immensely injury prone, and only kept out of the side by the exceptional form of Zabaleta, who incidentally cost just £6m.

Indeed, he was offered a new contract and chose not to stay at City. Not sure what more we could've done, other than pick him consistently (when fit) ahead of a superior player which would've been madness.

My recollection is that Richards didn't fail at City. He had several good seasons as first choice RB including 2011/12 when we won the prem. He was also in the FA cup winning team. It went wrong for him when he got injured at the Olympics and by the time he was properly fit Zaba had made the RB position his own. He played nearly 200 times for City so there's no way anyone should say he failed.

saw a poster for Sky Sports at Stockport train station and I stopped to look in amusement as it had a few club badges floating around, I am pretty sure it had United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Totenham and a couple of others like Norwich and Newcastle but no City badge :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.