Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, please please, if someone can find me a report of the West Brom game in mainstream media that does not mention that he has cost us £49m, please provide a link. I'll gladly click it. Every single one of the on-line reports I've read makes the same mistake: he is not (and who knows, may never be) "£49m Sterling" but it just shows how media manipulation can take an exaggeration (or lie) and with enough repeating it magically becomes the whole truth. It's doing my f'ing head in, gets me cross every time I read it. I just want to see it reported truly somewhere, surely there must be someone not toeing the anti-City line.
Should have given him the no. 49 shirt to make it easier for the media and their booing mob.

Should have given him the no. 49 shirt to make it easier for the media and their booing mob.
That would have been class. But make it 44 this season...

... change it to 45 the year after winning the league and 49 after we win the CL too. :-)

All good on 5Live tonight. Couple of Blues chipping in. My, 48 hours is obviously not a long time in the media.

There was a general consensus that WBA were as bad as we were good. Seems fair enough to me.
But isn't that always the case with the media every time we hammer a team? There may be an off-hand comment that we played well, but it is purely down to the fact that the opposition was crap. It is never due to our brilliance in restricting them to how they played. Similarly, we only won the league twice in the last 4 years due to the failings of others and not how well we played.

But isn't that always the case with the media every time we hammer a team? There may be an off-hand comment that we played well, but it is purely down to the fact that the opposition was crap. It is never due to our brilliance in restricting them to how they played. Similarly, we only won the league twice in the last 4 years due to the failings of others and not how well we played.
With respect, you have unreasonably extrapolated the argument. The simple point was that WBA were not at their best or anywhere near it. We've been praised for three days now. Not sure what the issue is, mate.

You can only beat what's put in front of you! The fact we ripped them apart and prevented them from playing is irrelevant... The more we win by the poorer the opposition play.... Now if the sheisters has turned in a performance like that (anytime in the last two years), we all know it will have been their brilliance and enterprising and imaginative play that was the reason for the success....

You can only beat what's put in front of you! The fact we ripped them apart and prevented them from playing is irrelevant... The more we win by the poorer the opposition play.... Now if the sheisters has turned in a performance like that (anytime in the last two years), we all know it will have been their brilliance and enterprising and imaginative play that was the reason for the success....

BINGO

Not necessarily disagreeing with either of you but we've had a summer of paranoia. How about a bit of positivity now and, I dunno, 'enjoyment' with what the team does rather than worrying about everyone else all the bleeding time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.