Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen Dermot Gallagher on Sky asked to pronounce on the Fernandinho "penalty" (thought it was ).Amazingly not asked for his opinion on nailed on penalty for Nasri after trip by Cabaye.Also no view sought on Mason assault on Borini

PMSL at this thread, as usual.

Practically the whole sports media are fawning over our team, our squad, our results and our infrastructure. We are pretty much Champions Elect in everyone's eyes. I've got a daft Chelsea mate on Facebook who does all that usually silly one-eyed "everyone hates us" stuff on an ongoing basis. He's absolutely beside himself about the way that the media are "up our arses".

Yet still you lot find what you want to find. And this is why...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect

Practically the whole sports media are fawning over our team, our squad, our results and our infrastructure. We are pretty much Champions Elect in everyone's eyes. I've got a daft Chelsea mate on Facebook who does all that usually silly one-eyed "everyone hates us" stuff on an ongoing basis. He's absolutely beside himself about the way that the media are "up our arses".

Yet still you lot find what you want to find. And this is why...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect

I agree, however they have to sell papers so they are now conducting the PL race 'without the favourite'.
We will however make the news if and when we lose or initially concede a goal.

Well presumably the difference is that Martial cost £36 plus add-ons and for that reason alone is guaranteed not to fade into obscurity.
Added to that nacho is part of our youth team(not for that long and at a fraction of the cost)) I may add,but also younger and he only needed a few minutes to get his first goal.

It has just been one positive after another since the start of the season. Everything is going our way. Great results, performances, coverage yet strangely some are still searching for negatives or reasons to be upset. Im just focusing on a wonderful start to the season

It has just been one positive after another since the start of the season. Everything is going our way. Great results, performances, coverage yet strangely some are still searching for negatives or reasons to be offended.
Anything else would be off topic, surely?

Perhaps if there was a "Positive stories about City" thread then all the positive stuff would go in there (I imagine you will now make that thread) but as this is the bias thread then anything akin to that will be posted in here.

I'm surprised people click on this thread an expect anything other than for the negative aspects to be posted. In fact, I dare say anybody that does is just stupid and/or illiterate.

Not sure there's much negative comment in the media at the moment, more an ignoring of City in the Guardian and Telegraph at least - especially the latter. Suits me.

Anything else would be off topic, surely?

Perhaps if there was a "Positive stories about City" thread then all the positive stuff would go in there (I imagine you will now make that thread) but as this is the bias thread then anything akin to that will be posted in here.

I'm surprised people click on this thread an expect anything other than for the negative aspects to be posted. In fact, I dare say anybody that does is just stupid and/or illiterate.

Well I have never stated I am surprised by the content of the thread, my surprise comes that during such a positive time people are still searching for negative articles and the thread is still moving. In fact, I dare say anyone that misread that is just stupid and/or illiterate.

Well I have never stated I am surprised by the content of the thread, my surprise comes that during such a positive time people are still searching for negative articles. In fact, I dare say anyone that misread that is just stupid and/or illiterate.
Or are they searching for articles on the club, and coming across negative ones. Just like perceived positive articles get highlighted and discussed on bluemoon, why not those perceived as negative?

Well I have never stated I am surprised by the content of the thread, my surprise comes that during such a positive time people are still searching for negative articles and the thread is still moving. In fact, I dare say anyone that misread that is just stupid and/or illiterate.
Good job nobody did misread that and tackled your quandaries with the thread then, isn't it?

A thread in which the title tells you what to expect when you click on. If you don't want to discuss any negative aspects then, believe it or not, don't click on the thread... Shocker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.