Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It concerns me no more than I am posting on a forum and exchanging opinions in relation to Manchester City.

Of course you can discuss it and equally I can say if you listen to someone who is contentious and aim is to provoke do not be surprised if its contentious and provoking.

I wasnt aware your aim was to merely to be contentious and provoke others.

Now I am.

From Football365's Winners Section of this weeks 'Premier league Winners & Losers' http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-4

Winners
Manchester City

This is all getting a little silly now. Manchester City have set a new club record for the number of consecutive clean sheets, only the fourth club in the Premier League era to go the first five matches of the season without conceding. They’re also shorter than 1/3 in places to win the title.

I have used this column already this season to praise Manchester City’s fringe players for their exceptional start, but it’s worth briefly reiterating that point. The win over Crystal Palace was achieved without David Silva or Raheem Sterling, and Sergio Aguero limped off after just 25 minutes. Last season City would have crumbled in such a scenario, but on Saturday it seemed to generate a much-needed resolve.

City were by no means as impressive without their three best attacking players, but who would be? It’s easy to make such sweeping epithets in September, but victories like these are what champions are made of.

Anthony Martial
If Benteke had the flying kick, Martial had the arts. The Frenchman may deserve patience, but he’s now scored more Premier League goals since April 4 than Wayne Rooney.

Kelechi Iheanacho
Anything United can do, City do better. You bring on a 19-year-old who scores after 22 minutes of coming on, and we bring on an 18-year-old who scores the winner just 54 seconds after his introduction. Iheanacho is not a bona fide product of Manchester City’s new academy, but he might be its first true success story.

City have topped the Winners Section every week since the start of the season and Football365 have also generally been gushing with praise for them in other articles. Also they seem to have some serious love directed towards Aguero at all times.

Slightly off topic and may have been mentioned already elsewhere but had to laugh this morning when listening to TalkSport and the advert for the shite's corporate tickets came on.

The "fan" featured who can't believe his luck at having a shit carvery, in a shit ground, whilst listening to the deluded ramblings of Paddy Creosote has moved house!!! For the past three years he's been "just Brian from Salford" but now he's "just Brian from ...................Manchester".

As I've said loads of times on here, I'm not expecting or wanting the media tto kiss our arse. It'd just be nice if they told the truth.
I don't look for negatives about us either. I will highlight hypocrisy and double standards though.
For the ones that say that there isn't a media bias against us, you're just as deluded or blinkered as those rags that believe all the sycophantic shit that sky and ts spout about them.

Lol

image.jpg

Robbie Savage has changed his tune mightily quickly since http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-predicts-premier-league-6213328:

Robbie Savage is one of a growing number of people who believe Chelsea have blown this season's Premier League title already.

"I think the league is over for them, I really do. I can't see them clawing back 11 points on City," he said.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic..._the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Sounds to me like he's indirectly saying we are going to win the league.

Amazing how the media here in Ireland have completely ignored the fact that City are top with a 100% record, haven't conceded a goal and are already opening a gap on their rivals. Just listened to 2 separate reviews of the weekend and we have not been even been mentioned once. Same yesterday on all stations, amazing. I'm not complaining though. The only time we do get any coverage here is when we have a slip-up so let's hope the radio silence continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.