Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they just say "The Arsenal Stadium"?

Actually it's Ashburton Grove, but I think Arsenal got round it because the only official name it's had since opening is the Emirates Stadium, they've never supplied UEFA with another name and UEFA aren't going to force pundits to say "And here we are tonight at Hornsey Rd, London N7, for the..." because it would sound pretty stupid. Our stadium was the City of Manchester Stadium before it was the Etihad and UEFA direct that it has to be called that. Just as when Wigan were in Europe it was the JJB stadium.

Edit: Due to UEFA regulations on stadium sponsors, during UEFA Champions League matches the stadium is not officially referred to as Emirates Stadium, as Emirates are not an official sponsor of the Champions League competition; other stadia, such as the Allianz Arena in Munich, have fallen foul of this rule before. UEFA refer to the stadium as Arsenal Stadium,which was the official name of the stadium at Highbury.

Just got sent this when I asked.

Funny, I've never actually noticed whether they call Arsenal the Emirates or not. I'll have to keep an ear out for it.

I was wondering if BT get the viewers for these CL games. I tried to watch on "a strem" but had to give up - kept going off.
So no more CL on ITV or Sky - Did many of you watch the BT coverage.?. - with these pitiful pundits.

Edit : what is a strem?????. - doh!.

Last edited:
I was wondering if BT get the viewers for these CL games. I tried to watch on "a strem" but had to give up - kept going off.
So no more CL on ITV or Sky - Did many of you watch the BT coverage.?. - with these pitiful pundits.

Edit : what is a strem?????. - doh!.

I will say zis only once,it is a waterway!.

fsOLwPP.jpg

The picture is apparently warranted because Mangala is mentioned in the article.

If this comes out 'massive' i apologise, it's the automatic sizing on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.