Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disgusted by the biased nature of the commentary last night, as the teams were running out the discussion was about what Arsenal needed to do to win the game, it was almost like watching commentary on an England game where its safe to assume the majority of the audience will want England to win. It was so blatant, I literally couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Then to top it all off Carragher on full time describing what was in essence a masterclass in midfield play, Yaya Toure taking the game by the scruff of the neck and driving on the team, followed by a stunning goal to get us back in the game and Carragher lambasts him and describes his performance as 'selfish' !! wtf !! Talk about trying to get a negative slant on what was a brilliant second half performance from Yaya. Absolutely disgusted. The shame is, that many football fans and City fans will buy into that narrative because they're simply too thick to form their own opinion.

I hope Yaya takes that criticism and rams it back down the pundits throat.

How anyone can deny this continual bias is simply delusional.

Absolutely disgusted by the biased nature of the commentary last night, as the teams were running out the discussion was about what Arsenal needed to do to win the game, it was almost like watching commentary on an England game where its safe to assume the majority of the audience will want England to win. It was so blatant, I literally couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Then to top it all off Carragher on full time describing what was in essence a masterclass in midfield play, Yaya Toure taking the game by the scruff of the neck and driving on the team, followed by a stunning goal to get us back in the game and Carragher lambasts him and describes his performance as 'selfish' !! wtf !! Talk about trying to get a negative slant on what was a brilliant second half performance from Yaya. Absolutely disgusted. The shame is, that many football fans and City fans will buy into that narrative because they're simply too thick to form their own opinion.

I think there's a bias but posts like this are like Xmas day for those who think we're paranoid! Haha!

Carragher was a defender and loathes lazy midfielders.
I think to some degree he was fine in what he said - Toure just isn't that quick to react some of the time. Yes, a bit of focus on the last 20-25 minutes would have been nice, but this is Sky after all.

I agree entirely that Tyler and Provan were ridiculous, as usual.

I think there's a bias but posts like this are like Xmas day for those who think we're paranoid! Haha!

Nothing paranoid about it, describing Yaya's performance as 'selfish' !? quite honestly I've never heard anything quite like it before. So what's he meant to do when we're losing, just take it on the chin and not try and change the game ...?

Nothing paranoid about it, describing Yaya's performance as 'selfish' !? quite honestly I've never heard anything quite like it before. So what's he meant to do when we're losing, just take it on the chin and not try and change the game ...?
Try turning up for the other 75?

Carragher was a defender and loathes lazy midfielders.
I think to some degree he was fine in what he said - Toure just isn't that quick to react some of the time. Yes, a bit of focus on the last 20-25 minutes would have been nice, but this is Sky after all.

I agree entirely that Tyler and Provan were ridiculous, as usual.

Sorry but we controlled the game right up until the goal, if anything it was relatively easy for us. Credit to Walcott, it was a great finish, and never a truer phrase than 'goals change games' For 15 minutes we lost our heads, none more so than Mangala, which was simply an awful pass. To then turn that into yet another 'anti-yaya' rant was nothing short of ridiculous based on how the game went. Pellegrini was absolutely right that the 2nd goal killed us but to that was nothing to do with Yaya.

Carragher was spot on about Yaya, he did fuck all for 75 minutes then decided to turn up when we were 2 down. And I am more than capable of forming my own opinion, thank you.

Sorry but that is just bull, your dancing to the pundits tune. We absolutely controlled the game and the stats prove it, if you want something more reliable than a bitter scouser then I suggest you look at those stats, they say it all. Congrats to Arsenal, they took their chances, it wasn't our night but that had f*ck all to do with Yaya.

yhp, turn up in minute 1 and win us the game. Arsenal have admitted they were on their last legs that final 15/20 and that was conveniently where Yaya started to show up, so obviously give him all the time in the world and he can do what he likes, he has to do it early when they're fresh and pressing hard and get us in control of the game and scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.