Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this "he's not there to defend" bollocks. Everyone is there to defend, it's a team game. No one player is allowed to just not bother tracking runners because they fancy saving their energy in case they might need it in the last 10 minutes, the game should have been dead by the time he decided to start running. They should have scored 2 or 3 goals in that second half by running off Yaya and it's the same every time he plays (or jogging, as running isn't really needed to escape someone who isn't even trying to catch you). If Yaya is doing exactly what the coaches want then they should be fired, as it's fucking criminal.

Exactly, it's a team game so why everything seems to come back to Yaya perhaps maybe you can tell me ? The ONLY reason they started to get in behind us was precisely because we were two goals behind and had to push more than normal to get a goal, that would be true whether it was Yaya Toure in midfield or anyone else. Yaya is not being picked to help us out defensively whether you like it or not. Our coaching staff happen to think he brings more to the team by being in the side than not, and with the current choice of midfielders I would agree. I'd far sooner see Yaya Toure on the team sheet on a match day than not, the coaching staff agree with me. You perhaps don't agree which is fine but I would strongly say you are wrong.

The fact of last night was that we controlled the game for long periods with Yaya Toure in the central midfield role and the stats bear that out. Arsenal took their chances and one of those we gift wrapped to them. That had absolutely nothing to do with Yaya Toure and everything to do with a fantastic finish from Walcott and a horrible mistake from Mangala.

I keep getting told we have the best squad by many City fans and pundits, whilst in the same breath telling us that our main central midfielder is past it !!? Work that one out....

Exactly, it's a team game so why everything seems to come back to Yaya perhaps maybe you can tell me ? The ONLY reason they started to get in behind us was precisely because we were two goals behind and had to push more than normal to get a goal, that would be true whether it was Yaya Toure in midfield or anyone else. Yaya is not being picked to help us out defensively whether you like it or not. Our coaching staff happen to think he brings more to the team by being in the side than not, and with the current choice of midfielders I would agree. I'd far sooner see Yaya Toure on the team sheet on a match day than not, the coaching staff agree with me. You perhaps don't agree which is fine but I would strongly say you are wrong.

The fact of last night was that we controlled the game for long periods with Yaya Toure in the central midfield role and the stats bear that out. Arsenal took their chances and one of those we gift wrapped to them. That had absolutely nothing to do with Yaya Toure and everything to do with a fantastic finish from Walcott and a horrible mistake from Mangala.

I keep getting told we have the best squad by many City fans and pundits, whilst in the same breath telling us that our main central midfielder is past it !!? Work that one out....
Yaya is the one who gets the stick because he is the one who is not trying. That is unforgivable in most peoples eyes. Most people will forgive people making mistakes, they will forgive people making bad decisions, but to just not even try will always annoy a lot of people and quite rightly so. He sees what he's supposed to do, he sees how to help his team, but he chooses not to do it out of pure laziness. He's not positioning himself for a counter, or trying to do anything productive from an attacking perspective, he is simply not bothering to try and help the team as he doesn't think it's worth the effort.

You can argue all you want about whether he's picked to defend, but the reality is that any player, no matter their position or their instructions, who sees a player breaking into a dangerous space in which they are the best positioned to stop them, should at the very least attempt to go with them. To turn a blind eye and just let it happen, again and again, is just negligence and laziness. He'd rather not waste his energy trying to help the team and hope the rest of the team get him out of jail. Captain my arse.

Anyway, onto more important things. I've updated my list of BBC Gossip Column stories. This is me adding up the number of stories that the BBC decide to mention in that column related to the Filth, Arse, Chelsea, Liverpool and us. Anyway, I've been keeping score since 1 Nov (yes, I know how sad it is). Here are the scores as at today (Chelsea are only close to the Rags due to Mourinho's sacking):

Rags - 216
Chelsea - 201
Liverpool - 121
Arsenal - 118
City - 87

We really are shite!

Anyway, onto more important things. I've updated my list of BBC Gossip Column stories. This is me adding up the number of stories that the BBC decide to mention in that column related to the Filth, Arse, Chelsea, Liverpool and us. Anyway, I've been keeping score since 1 Nov (yes, I know how sad it is). Here are the scores as at today (Chelsea are only close to the Rags due to Mourinho's sacking):

Rags - 216
Chelsea - 201
Liverpool - 121
Arsenal - 118
City - 87

We really are shite!
Interesting stuff, and thanks for going to the trouble and posting on here.

Not strictly for this thread as it concerns another City...Leicester.

Just seen the patronising coverage on SSN about them. I'd be going ape as a Fox.

Go on twitter and see his latest post "Pep, you sure City is the right club" BUT don't click on the link and just give him some abuse because that's excatly what that **** deserves. Someone need to put him on his place and together we can do that (on twitter). He's got his tongue deep inside woodwards arse please go on there and tell him. Enough is enough of this media bias against us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.