Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
These media clowns are so clueless. They make most of their dross up and the readers probably believe it.They grew up supporting one of the original fixed finish four teams,fixed in terms of money.It will take years before the lies are finished from the biased bastards.The rest of Europe will accept us when we lift the Cups.Anyway the transfer season is not finished yet and he is spouting this. Please pull it to pieces and show us your reply.
To be fair it's on Twitter so 140 characters will prove short sharp points but will do my best ha ha

Hahaha that article. It makes me wonder how anyone in this planet can be unemployed as you can just get a job as a journalist considering half of them are dumber than Neanderthals. Christ I could write better articles than the ones posted in this thread.

Many years ago a very wise and well minted gentleman once told me all publicity is good publicity, the only difference is perception. He told me he judged his successes in life by the amount of enemies and haters he'd collected along the way to making his fortune. He went on to say the time one should worry is when people stop talking about you because that means you're no longer a threat.

So in essence, pre 2008 City were everybody's lovable loser, many people's 2nd team out of pity and a club with delusions of grandeur who were the butt of every football fans jokes. Lee Sharpe (ex ManUre) turned us down as he thought his career would be better served at Bradford City. Steve Sidwell, Geoff Thomas, Matt Holland (I could go on all day) all turned us down for clubs who we as City fans considered below our stature because these players thought City were a step down from Reading, Charlton and Wolverhapton Wanderers.

Then comes 2008 and the esteemed Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City, the ridicule we'd suffered quickly became bemused curiosity, but still no-one quite took us seriously. We start to spend huge amounts on average players on massive wages as the only way to start the process of moving us from perennial relegation strugglers to Europa League hopefuls and still they mocked 'Loads-a-money' Manchester City. We bid more than ManUre for Tevez and the Dark Lord coined the phrase 'Noisey Neighbours' who posed no serious threat and would never finish ahead of his beloved club in his lifetime.

A change of manager for us brings about a change of fortunes and for the first time in our recent history genuine world class stars start to take City seriously. We'd already acquired Robinho & Tevez, but now City were going after the elite in the form of Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Dzeko, Balotelli etc. All of a sudden, the media narrative changed from lovable losers to reckless spenders ruining football where FFP couldn't come quickly enough to halt us!

It was at this point, and only at this point I knew we'd really arrived because Europe's elite were now putting their collective might together to stop the Manchester City Bandwagon. The more they squirmed, the more they moaned, the more the media willingly fed their bullshit to the masses, the more I knew we were becoming more and more of a threat.

In my book the first milestone was beating ManUre in the FA Cup semi final as this was the first time I can recall since the 70's that we'd squared up to ManUre, looked them straight in the eye, took them on and soundly beat them and were better man for man and as a team. Our first bit of silverware quickly followed and was further proof of our growing presence.

Then came the season that changed it all. The 1-6 at Old Toilet and the Agueroooooo moment that will live on forever. The mocking banner had been ripped down at the swamp as promised and Liverpool were the losers as City now relplaced the media darlings in the all important top four.

Every mocking headline, every derogatory article only sought to give me a warm glow inside in the knowledge that the old guard were still hurting and the only things left for them after their failed FFP attempt was childish name calling and spurious tales pedalled by the former elite's media bum chums.

Am I bothered? Am I fuck, because every time I look at the pained expressions on their faces it reminds me where we've come from and where we now stand. They can have their glorious past as the future is all I'm interested in and that future is likely to contain more than a speck of sky blue.

Now back to the media bias: Would I prefer to be everyone's lovable loser, mocked and loved by other football fans and the media? Or would I perfer to be the media's loathed winner who's only crime was to invest in its team and infrastructure to bring about sustainable longterm success?

I'll leave you to choose for me shall I.................

Cheers Dribble. Enjoyed reading that.

Ask him why he is a bitter, jealous red twat. That will fit 140 characters.

Another thing that really fucks me off is that when we sign a player, it's met with utter derision from everyone, no mention of any ex City player saying it's a good deal. Then today Benteke signs for Liverpool and you have Hammann and Fowler in the media backing the deal.

Total media bias if you ask me.

The trouble with banning them from the stadium and denying hospitality is probably the finest and most balanced sports journalist there is today and City supporter (in the sense he rarely has a bad word for our project and the Sheikh) - Martin Samuels works for them.

He did an online Q & A session last week and the fat cnut had plenty of sly digs.
Also I clearly stated I wouldn't go as far as banning them.but I'd charge him for all the cakes and doughnuts he eats.

The media in this country are a fucking disgrace, but at the same time, it's all the better when we things and shut the fucker up, the De Bruyne back page last night was nothing short of a disgrace.

"City have spent £65 million to satisfy a stipulation". What the ignorant rag baboon fails to mention is that to Sheikh Mansour that's like us spending £6.50. Plus we got the best U21 player in the world, an England regular and a very promising youngster, much of whose fee will be made up in add one IF he realises his potential.

And they keep deluding themselves and their hordes of dribbling rag readers that only the rags can spend what they want, despite their huge debt. Whoever wrote that article is an utter gibbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.