Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any criticism of Sterling from the media it's because (regardless of it being out of his control) that he is simply not worth the fee that we paid for him (he may prove otherwise but it looks a ridiculous deal to me) and the way he and his agent engineered his exit from Liverpool paints a negative image of him.
He's a wealthy lad playing the most high profile sport in the world. He will either deal with it all or he won't.

If there's any criticism of Sterling from the media it's because (regardless of it being out of his control) that he is simply not worth the fee that we paid for him (he may prove otherwise but it looks a ridiculous deal to me) and the way he and his agent engineered his exit from Liverpool paints a negative image of him.
He's a wealthy lad playing the most high profile sport in the world. He will either deal with it all or he won't.

I didn't read or listen to the tittle tattle at the time so could you explain to me how he "engineered his exit"?

As for his price, I don't recall pretty boy Wayne getting this treatment from the press at the time of his move to the rags.

And to think people said exactly the same thing when Alf Common went for £1000 all those years ago. Times have moved on since then, as have prices in general, and the price we paid was the going rate between the two clubs to secure his signature. Early signs are that he is coping amazingly well for City. I couldn't care less how he plays for Ingerland, as long as he doesn't get injured whilst there.

He looks a perfect fit to me....he brings balance,pace,trickery and industry - he also allows others to profit and tick,in short,his presence has transformed our play - i'd say that's worth whatever we could afford.
And he seems to be dealing with life just fine;-)

I'm not saying he's not a good player as he clearly is but I'll reserve judgement on exactly how good he is until he's done it week in week out consistently.

He certainly provides a very different threat and if he keeps up his development then he will turn out to be one hell of a player for club and country.
Last night was one of those off nights but then most of them were pretty off the pace.

I'm not saying he's not a good player as he clearly is but I'll reserve judgement on exactly how good he is until he's done it week in week out consistently.

He certainly provides a very different threat and if he keeps up his development then he will turn out to be one hell of a player for club and country.
Last night was one of those off nights but then most of them were pretty off the pace.[/QU

I smell something raggy. How long exactly does he have to do it week in week out, till November, till after Christmas, till the end of the season, till the year 2020, are you saying that we should not have bought him until he was 32 and proved what a good player he was?

Hmmmmm

You haven't listened to him with Mark Saggers on a Monday then. He takes digs at us at every opportunity and it's basically a pre-requisite that he mentions Sheikh Mansour at least once a show. The last time we won the title he did everything he could to ruin our moment by constantly slagging us off. I think it comes from the fact that he is secretly a united fan. If you follow him on twitter you will know he is always talking about them, every column he writes includes something about them, he sucks off fergie at every opportunity and is always banging on about their history, the class of 92, the record of academy graduates in the first team, how he wishes he could have played for united and every time he is at the swamp seems to be in awe of the "theater of dreams" Maybe he is bitter because we have taken a few of his clubs players: Barry, Milner, Delph to name a few, or maybe he is just bitter about the fact that when Villa were trying to buy success, the Europa League was as far as they got.

Collymore is just upset because his team is irrelevant and the only way to make them marginally relevant is to slag off one of the most talked clubs in the country! He sucked off Fergie because he and other members of the media knew not to cross his path otherwise they'd face legal action or no pre/post match interviews.... People at City probably aren't arsed at the slightest what he's got to say, I'd be even more surprised if anyone at City even entertain talksport.

I don't personally believe in an organised agenda, I just think the UK media in general hate the Muslim owned Manchester City for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Mark my words, this season will see the beginning of a "sterling isn't good enough for England and should be dropped" campaign which will not stop until he has been dropped.
I agree with you.
As regards the existence of an agenda, it doesn't have to involve collusion or collaboration. It can for example be a number of organisations acting independently but with the same motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.