Media bias for FourFourTwo

To be fair many City fans thought after 5 games, and Chelseas poor start, we would win it. What we, and the press did not realise that start was then followed by a lack of application and attitude. Im not one to defend the press but I dont think anyone could have predicted how Citys season would unravel
Me neither. What I don't get is why, if Savage, James, Merson etc say we are going to finish outside top four there is outrage on BM, as if these blokes are a modern day Nostradamus equivalent. Equally, why don't they have the courage of their convictions? They were nearly right, after all....

Me neither. What I don't get is why, if Savage, James, Merson etc say we are going to finish outside top four there is outrage on BM, as if these blokes are a modern day Nostradamus equivalent. Equally, why don't they have the courage of their convictions? They were nearly right, after all....
At the risk of being considered impolite I would invite you to consider in whose camp you are pitching your 'nearly right' tent.

At the risk of being considered impolite I would invite you to consider in whose camp you are pitching your 'nearly right' tent.
Impolite you George? Surely not. I'm not pitching in any camp just saying that whichever 'expert' said we'd finish outside the top four was a lot closer to being right than many of us ever thought possible.

As a matter of interest, do you know who they then tipped for the top four and champions?

media portray City as a bad club, and City work hard to play a nice kid.
i'd rather to see us being a really bad guy and ruthless to these fucking idiots.
close the door to all pathetic media who clearly have an agenda, and be nice to media with fair reports.
hope Pep realize this, stop being kind and charming with the media. it's looks silly.
ask them where they from, and if it's from media who clearly anti-City, hit them back or just ridicule their company in front other journalist.
these shithead deserve nothing. payback time with Pep, perhaps.

Last edited:
hope Pep realize this, stop being kind and charming with the media.
it's looks silly.
ask them where they from, and if it's from media who clearly anti-City, hit them back or just ridicule their company in front other journalist.
these shithead deserve nothing. payback time with Pep, perhaps.

Pep already has Jamie Jackson sussed, so the other fuckers need to watch it if they feel the need to disrespect him..

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...jamie-jackson-bayern-munich-manchester-united

To be fair many City fans thought after 5 games, and Chelseas poor start, we would win it. What we, and the press did not realise that start was then followed by a lack of application and attitude. Im not one to defend the press but I dont think anyone could have predicted how Citys season would unravel
Like you, I don't think there is an orchestrated campaign against City, but I do think that many sports opinion writers (and, by extension, their papers) do have an obvious leaning away from City. Looking on newsnow, I came across this headline from the Star: Ozil, Lallana and Lamella make list of best attacking midfielders on stats. There then followed the 'top' 12, as reported by football-observatory.com. I clicked the link as, not only was I surprised to see Lallana and Lamella on it, I wondered if Merlin might have scraped in given that he's not had a great season by his standards and has had a few injuries.
The PL had six representatives, who were listed as follows: 9th Payet, 8th Lallana, 7th Ericsson, 4th Lamella, 2nd Ozil, 1st David Silva.
Now, you could easily argue, that it's not much of a story. But, if you're going to bother with it, I'd have thought the story was more about the number 1 ranked player is playing in the PL. It might, at a push, have been about having 2 players from the PL in the top 2. But to not mention he bloke who's ranked first seems like a bit more than an oversight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.