Media bias for FourFourTwo

Forums are for fans to air their opinions. It creates debate and sometimes, people learn things.
It's completely different to a broadcaster or news outlet concentrating on negative aspects with nobody to counter their opinion. It then becomes a sermon as opposed to a debate.
Summed up superbly, well done Sir.

I wish the people who deny the bias would take note of this. If enough people repeat a mantra, it becomes "fact".
Everyone else's lack of a full house gets swept under the carpet.
It's what we're famous for now.
If you were to ask neutral fans ;
Who doesn't have a full stadium?
Who sacks managers?
Who has mercenary players?
Who throws money about?
Who's ruining the game?
The majority would say it's us.
They've been spoon fed this shit for years now.
It'll never change so the only answer is to ban them from the ground and don't communicate with them, apart from the bare legal requirement.

Spot on.

Years ago when I was on holiday and chatted with fans of other clubs their reaction to City was generally very positive.

After we supposedly won the lottery with the move to The Etihad their reaction changed a little but was generally still good. When Thaskin took over I'd say the reaction became slightly negative.

After Sheikh Mansour took over it became very negative partly fueled by the media. No great shock about that: Chelsea suffered the same fate for a while but then became accepted by all apart from unsurprisingly Spurs fans!

The big difference between ourselves and Chelsea is that the media have increased their attacks on us the more successful we've become. Nowadays other fans are openly hostile. Most genuinely believe we get 34,000 every week and Sheikh Mansour buys the other 20,000 tickets. Read some of the posts on Villa Talk about us. Villa, the worst supported of all the big clubs FFS.

Most believe all our sponsorship deals are bogus and we outspend every other club in the world on transfer fees and wages.

If the stories are consistently negative and contain consistent lies and half truths (£49m for Sterling for example) why wouldn't they hate us?

In their shoes I probably would. It has to stop.

Last edited:
One reason and one reason only,we live in the next town to the scum,if the scum were based in London where they should be really, then we ceased to become their rivals of the area and only rivals in football then the negativity of the Arse licking brown nose media And tv would be way down in their pecking order, that is my take on it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No of course not, but lets not dismiss every point when we are criticised as bias particularly when the majority of those points are raised by our own fans.

The last couple of weeks with the flyer and this the fans have got goid reason to challenge BT, lets not dilute it with the silliness sometimes seen on here about warm balls in Cup draws, refs cheating us etc etc

When are you away on hols? - would like to know so I can come on here and enjoy the forum

Mention the fact that when Liverpool played in the Europa league final BT had pro Liverpool pundits. But whenever we were shown we had scholes, Ferdinand, and mcmanaman sniping at any given chance.

Let's not forget the fact that they also stuck gondola on the panel when we played PSG, which was a total farce and a smack in the face to our club and us fans as they mainly bigger up PSG.

I wish the people who deny the bias would take note of this. If enough people repeat a mantra, it becomes "fact".
Everyone else's lack of a full house gets swept under the carpet.
It's what we're famous for now.
If you were to ask neutral fans ;
Who doesn't have a full stadium?
Who sacks managers?
Who has mercenary players?
Who throws money about?
Who's ruining the game?
The majority would say it's us.
They've been spoon fed this shit for years now.
It'll never change so the only answer is to ban them from the ground and don't communicate with them, apart from the bare legal requirement.
Or just treat them with the importance they have...NONE! So just ignore them. Their words mean precisely nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.