Media bias for FourFourTwo

Spot on.

Years ago when I was on holiday and chatted with fans of other clubs their reaction to City was generally very positive.

After we supposedly won the lottery with the move to The Etihad their reaction changed a little but was generally still good. When Thaskin took over I'd say the reaction became slightly negative.

After Sheikh Mansour took over it became very negative partly fueled by the media. No great shock about that: Chelsea suffered the same fate for a while but then became accepted by all apart from unsurprisingly Spurs fans!

The big difference between ourselves and Chelsea is that the media have increased their attacks on us the more successful we've become. Nowadays other fans are openly hostile. Most genuinely believe we get 34,000 every week and Sheikh Mansour buys the other 20,000 tickets. Read some of the posts on Villa Talk about us. Villa, the worst supported of all the big clubs FFS.

Most believe all our sponsorship deals are bogus and we outspend every other club in the world on transfer fees and wages.

If the stories are consistently negative and contain consistent lies and half truths (£49m for Sterling for example) why wouldn't they hate us?

In their shoes I probably would. It has to stop.
I've come across fans of other clubs at cup finals, on holiday, at away games who are clearly not hostile towards our money and success in any way whatsoever. I've spoken to fans of Stoke Sunderland WestHam Swansea WestBrom Chelsea QPR Norwich... who all still quite like City and they just view us as the same club but just richer. I think all this "the media brainwash the nation against us" is utter bollocks. You get the dullards who are daft enough to ring up radio stations and tweet SSN and all that who needn't be taken notice of because they're thick enough to listen to things like talkSPORT and read newspapers and take them seriously, but those who know what's-what, well, they know what's-what! and we've always had big rivals so their hostility towards us had never changed, it's just magnified now we mean something when it comes to the trophy end of the seasons.

I've come across fans of other clubs at cup finals, on holiday, at away games who are clearly not hostile towards our money and success in any way whatsoever. I've spoken to fans of Stoke Sunderland WestHam Swansea WestBrom Chelsea QPR Norwich... who all still quite like City and they just view us as the same club but just richer. I think all this "the media brainwash the nation against us" is utter bollocks. You get the dullards who are daft enough to ring up radio stations and tweet SSN and all that who needn't be taken notice of because they're thick enough to listen to things like talkSPORT and read newspapers and take them seriously, but those who know what's-what, well, they know what's-what! and we've always had big rivals so their hostility towards us had never changed, it's just magnified now we mean something when it comes to the trophy end of the seasons.

Interesting distinction that you make about the dullards and those who know what's what. I tend to agree but unfortunately the dullards represent the majority of the population. Maybe not the majority of match going support but the majority of people who profess to have an interest in football.I was in Tenerife over Christmas and got chatting to a Coventry City fan who blamed us for everything that was bad about football and (ironically as it turned out) for the "fact" that only about four clubs could now ever win the PL. When I suggested that Jimmy Hill just might have had a hand in creating the modern, less competitive, game with it's obscene wages he seemed lost. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public. The Sun is the best selling daily paper!

Interesting distinction that you make about the dullards and those who know what's what. I tend to agree but unfortunately the dullards represent the majority of the population. Maybe not the majority of match going support but the majority of people who profess to have an interest in football.I was in Tenerife over Christmas and got chatting to a Coventry City fan who blamed us for everything that was bad about football and (ironically as it turned out) for the "fact" that only about four clubs could now ever win the PL. When I suggested that Jimmy Hill just might have had a hand in creating the modern, less competitive, game with it's obscene wages he seemed lost. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public. The Sun is the best selling daily paper![/QUOT
i always try to tell people who spout that line that city have been good for football as we smashed a cartel,arsenal utd and liverpool,all became less powerfull when city took over,we drove a train right through the middle of them all allowing clubs like leicester and spurs a sniff,they normally dont answer back

Interesting distinction that you make about the dullards and those who know what's what. I tend to agree but unfortunately the dullards represent the majority of the population. Maybe not the majority of match going support but the majority of people who profess to have an interest in football.I was in Tenerife over Christmas and got chatting to a Coventry City fan who blamed us for everything that was bad about football and (ironically as it turned out) for the "fact" that only about four clubs could now ever win the PL. When I suggested that Jimmy Hill just might have had a hand in creating the modern, less competitive, game with it's obscene wages he seemed lost. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public. The Sun is the best selling daily paper!
Might be the best selling but, like all papers, they are fast becoming a complete irrelevance. They are also haemorrhaging readers at an alarming rate. In 2011 they sold over 3M copies every day. This year they are selling 1.7M. Their time has been and gone and I, for one, will not lament their passing.

Adele, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber had the biggest selling music albums of 2015 but I wouldn't value their fans' opinions on what good music is, because they're shite.

But out there in the sea of shit music on this planet are islands here and there where great bands reside and people with much better musical tastes live. Just pay attention to them. People who think Swift is great aren't worth taking any notice of. OR, they just need a bit of education on what good music is. They might change their minds after a chat with us, if not, stick to not taking any notice of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.