Media bias for FourFourTwo

The one before the Real games where a paper pondered if the Europa league was "now the competition to win in Europe ".
One in the mirror, one in the telegraph. No direct mention of us, but if the roles were reversed and the scousers were playing real in the semi final, would this have been written??

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/7-reasons-europa-league-now-7709924

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/15/8-reasons-why-the-europa-league-is-better-than-the-champions-lea/

telegraph reason 8 is this gem ;

8. A place in the Champions League

??

I don't think using articles from several years ago as the focus is a great idea, as it doesn't reflect now (well, it could be argued that it doesn't).

The red circles is the obvious one (Lineker's Boxers might not have seen it - can someone post it for him to see what the local press do, let alone other hacks.

Anything that shows double-standards is the main thing, plus the point made above that journalists are meant to report not invent.

One in the mirror, one in the telegraph. No direct mention of us, but if the roles were reversed and the scousers were playing real in the semi final, would this have been written??

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/7-reasons-europa-league-now-7709924

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/15/8-reasons-why-the-europa-league-is-better-than-the-champions-lea/

??

I don't think the article is meant to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
One in the sun a few years ago about how many times kits had been worn versus cost. They made a big thing that we'd only ever worn the first dark blue umbro kit once when in fact it was once that season. We'd worn it loads the year before when it was the 2nd, not 3rd kit. Fucked me off at the time.

??
WTF? That is fucking hilarious.

Nothing new in all this. I'm in my sixties now but remember my old fella telling me when I was a nipper;
If City lose 7-1, the Evening News headline would read "City slaughtered"
If the rags lose 7-1,the headline would read "Reds in eight-goal thriller"
Twas ever thus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.