Media bias - yes that old chestnut

Balti said:
city diehard said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Just thought I'd mention the ESPN coverage tonight as I thought it was excellent and they gave us credit when it was deserved. Tyler/Sky could learn a thing or two.

Burley was a tosser though, kept on venturing down that same alleyway; Mancini backing down.

No surprise there then

Too many commentators think they have to say something controversial to be noticed.

Just comment on the game please. Burleys "expert" comments demonstrate why he never made it to the highest level. At least ratboys comments have substance to them.

Just read the as it happened bit on bbc website.

Pre game non stop text about the crowd being shit. 7/8 of the stadium is empty with 20 mins to kick off (that cos we are fcking proper fans who don't need to be at the ground 3 hours before kick off)

Another one said the players will outnumber the fans at this rate.

He soon fcking backtracked when he realised there were 39000 there.

Balti said:
city diehard said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Just thought I'd mention the ESPN coverage tonight as I thought it was excellent and they gave us credit when it was deserved. Tyler/Sky could learn a thing or two.

Burley was a tosser though, kept on venturing down that same alleyway; Mancini backing down.

No surprise there then

I didn't think Burley was too bad tonight, at least he explained his viewpoint. Waddle was his usual depressive self but had some good things to say as well as the negative. It's when the main commentator (i.e Tyler) is clearly biased that irks me. Jon Champion got it spot on tonight really and him and Stubbs repeatedly made mention of the fact it was a decent crowd for such a silly kick off time.

spacecadet said:
Barry Davies - best commentator in my lifetime by a country mile- spent minutes without saying anything.

Brian Moore was the best imo, great voice and really added to the drama in World Cup games I remember from my youth

Berkovic_blue said:
spacecadet said:
Barry Davies - best commentator in my lifetime by a country mile- spent minutes without saying anything.

Brian Moore was the best imo, great voice and really added to the drama in World Cup games I remember from my youth

Add me to the list of Moore fans.
Sorry but the worst fucker in those days was Granadas very own Gerald Sinbhad.

blueyorkie said:
At least we have a blue as one of the top flight commentators, Guy Mowbray

Why SHOULD we need a Blue ???

Surely the top pundits should be able to man up, suspend their own bias ans ANALYSE the game . Is this too much to askfrom paid pundits

If I want lairy , snippy bitterness. I can go down to my local and pick a fight.

..ironically, the manager of my local, the Lloyd's in Chorlton, is a young intelligent bloke who happens to be a rag..

he's always made both sets of supporters welcome and is good for a bit
of banter

Frankly I'd rather have him on than the showerof biased shyte that are Merson , Smith,Tylsdley Hanson etc... who are BEING PAID !!!

They should spend a couple of hours locked in a room watching footage of the giant that was Bill Mclaren (sorry , spelling)... a model commentator and man enough to acknowledge class from wherever its provenance ....

( I can't do this but You tube his commentary on Gareth Edwards' amazing try v his beloved Scotland in the 70's.... a real class man...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.