Media bias - yes that old chestnut

spacecadet said:
Barry Davies - best commentator in my lifetime by a country mile- spent minutes without saying anything.
yes, by a country mile. I remember how he so eloquently put Jimmy Hill in his place when he tried to take over the commentary of a match from him.

superwatsonwatson said:
spacecadet said:
Barry Davies - best commentator in my lifetime by a country mile- spent minutes without saying anything.
yes, by a country mile. I remember how he so eloquently put Jimmy Hill in his place when he tried to take over the commentary of a match from him.

Definitely agree with you both. Had the rare skill of saying nothing when there was nothing to be said - the Richie Benaud approach if you like.

Henkeman said:
superwatsonwatson said:
spacecadet said:

Definitely agree with you both. Had the rare skill of saying nothing when there was nothing to be said - the Richie Benaud approach if you like.

"Look at his face, just look at his face!" is a standout from when Franny scored that goal against us for Derby.

nijinskybell said:
Henkeman said:
superwatsonwatson said:

"Look at his face, just look at his face!" is a standout from when Franny scored that goal against us for Derby.

The "the future's bright, the future's orange" when Bergkamp scored in the World Cup was a belter too.

Who was the commentator on the Scum Ajax match ?? said sommat about a great atmosphere all night.... yes you turd...it was the Ajax fans..

It was so different listening to Ray Hudson in the Europa League match. He actually went on about how special City's players are and not how much they cost.

superwatsonwatson said:
spacecadet said:

Yeah absolutely - Barry Davies and John Motson.

Barry used to commentate on other sports as well.

-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:29 pm --

Henkeman said:
superwatsonwatson said:
spacecadet said:

Yep - Richie as well. A true Gentleman.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 pm --<br /><br />
dom said:
blueyorkie said:
At least we have a blue as one of the top flight commentators, Guy Mowbray

Why SHOULD we need a Blue ???

Surely the top pundits should be able to man up, suspend their own bias ans ANALYSE the game . Is this too much to askfrom paid pundits

If I want lairy , snippy bitterness. I can go down to my local and pick a fight.

..ironically, the manager of my local, the Lloyd's in Chorlton, is a young intelligent bloke who happens to be a rag..

he's always made both sets of supporters welcome and is good for a bit
of banter

Frankly I'd rather have him on than the showerof biased shyte that are Merson , Smith,Tylsdley Hanson etc... who are BEING PAID !!!

They should spend a couple of hours locked in a room watching footage of the giant that was Bill Mclaren (sorry , spelling)... a model commentator and man enough to acknowledge class from wherever its provenance ....

( I can't do this but You tube his commentary on Gareth Edwards' amazing try v his beloved Scotland in the 70's.... a real class man...

We shouldn't and Brian Moore shouldn't bend over backwards to support England's opposition.

pauldominic said:
Barry used to commentate on other sports as well.

Though his finest moment was "commentating" on the world staring championships on Big Train!

I don't know if anyone saw the rags on five last night but they tried so hard to brown nose united it was sickening. They even attempted to discredit ajaxs first goal saying it was handball and ignored Cleverley and smallings bookable fouls.

The funniest was the two mins injury time, I have never seen it before lol.

kiam06 said:
I don't know if anyone saw the rags on five last night but they tried so hard to brown nose united it was sickening. They even attempted to discredit ajaxs first goal saying it was handball and ignored Cleverley and smallings bookable fouls.

The funniest was the two mins injury time, I have never seen it before lol.

A Scholes typical cynical "can't tackle" in front of goal and not far outside the penalty area also deserved a yellow card.

The commentators repeated attempts to say the 1st Ajax goal was preceded by a handball were embarrassing. Stan Collymore rightly pointed out that it was because he was fouled by a push in the back by a rag player that was seen by the referee.

The rag media bias empire is slowly but surely being eroded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.