Media bias - yes that old chestnut

Nelly's Left Foot said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
have just read the match report by martin sammuel in the daily mail just fuckin wow have never read a match report like that about any team ever "! truely staggering

I haven't read it and won't be doing so but I would bet that many many of the "fans" on here would write one much much worse than any reporter has.
have a look this is pure hate not a match report unbelieveable

mrtwiceaseason said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
have just read the match report by martin sammuel in the daily mail just fuckin wow have never read a match report like that about any team ever "! truely staggering

I haven't read it and won't be doing so but I would bet that many many of the "fans" on here would write one much much worse than any reporter has.

BS, if there's one journo who doesn't hate City, it's Martin Samuel.

Have you ever read any of his article? If you did, you'd know he doesn't hate City and it's his style of writing articles.

It's unusual match report though, they do it on plain boring way usually but I guess they jnew what would MS deliver so appointed him to write it.

MSP said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Have you ever read any of his article? If you did, you'd know he doesn't hate City and it's his style of writing articles.

It's unusual match report though, they do it on plain boring way usually but I guess they jnew what would MS deliver so appointed him to write it.
Martin Samuel, Gabriele Marcotti and Henry Winter are the only journos I pay attention to. Samuel is pretty much telling the truth in this match report but souping it up with Mail readers level English to sell the story. Nowt wrong with it.

MSP said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
i guess i must have just found the bit about lescott really strange reporting style

I'm seriously getting pissed off with these types of comments which are now creeping into our own fans comments - '' we under performed last season in the Champions League'' - often followed by ''we've been in the two most toughest groups imaginable'' - so which one is it?

Surely it must be partly acceptable not to progress last season in our first year and especially with 10pts. Ok so we expected more this season but in all honesty after seeing the draw did we really expect to go through at a canter afterall losing at Real was hardly a surprise and Dortmunds victory tonight put's our game a little more into perspective. Arsenal lost at home to Schalke ffs - is that not a poorer result than ours? Yes tonight was hideous and I think everyone has a right to question the managers tactics, the players willingness and commitment and it's fair to consider our Champions league campaign may be over for another year but we are in a group consisting of the Dutch/Spanish and German Champions and could still finish on 10pts and go out again.

The press want their ounce of flesh because it's an easy headline and we as a club need to baten the hatches, close ranks and come out fighting.

mrtwiceaseason said:
MSP said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
i guess i must have just found the bit about lescott really strange reporting style

He just loves to use that epic style of writing with many metaphors and drama words

MSP said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
MSP said:

He just loves to use that epic style of writing with many metaphors and drama words
Of course. He now writes for the Mail instead of a broadsheet so his target audience needs to be spoken to like that.

LoveCity said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Sorry but I am glad this got bumped. Yes we were poor,yes we got what we deserved but the media and there nastiness to our club is really starting to hack me off. It's easy to say don't let it bother you but this is our club that they are constantly putting down. Ruud Gullit,Jamie Redknapp,Jeff Stelling were so obvious tonight it was cringeworthy. At least Souness stuck uo for us a little.

That snide little video package they put together was just as bad, mixing in commentary criticising Mancini with newspaper clippings of our CL/defensive failings (one of them had a "<something blurred out> oil money" newspaper headline next to it too). You'd never ever see another English team in Europe attacked like that, it's usually flag on heart full support. I remember Spurs could do no wrong... brave Spurs, bold Spurs, Harry's warriors... oh Spurs lost to Real Madrid but what a brave showing! Sly TV.

I have highlighted my point. I have no issue whatsoever with the criticism of the performance. It is all the other shit that they give about the oil money etc like it is dirty and our owners are a disgrace. It was cringeworthy seeing that newspaper cutting and totally unjustified as it was before the game had even kicked off so the sky agenda was there pre match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.