Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact Barney Ronay has been defending Russia, owned by someone as closely connected to the Russian regime as Sheik Mansour is to the UAE leadership. Russia has directly killed thousands of people in the Middle East and indirectly killed hundreds of thousands. Putin has even poisoned and murdered people in this country. His abuses are off the scale compared to Abu Dhabi.
City have been singled out by the racists in the UK media because of the ethnicity of our owners. I am still waiting to hear from people like Ronay and Glendinning as precisely what abuses Abu Dhabi is guilty of. The UAE doesn't even feature in a list of over 100 countries (mostly in Africa and Asia) with terrible human rights records according to Amnesty International.
According to yesterday's Times more than 2,500 dissidents are in death row in Egypt, another one of the UK's allies. I don't expect the press to give City a free pass but what's wrong with balanced and fair coverage, based on facts, all reported in the correct context.
Politics over human rights is for governments to address, not sports journalists. If he feels that strongly, maybe Northcroft would like to divert all of the profits he made from selling his book written during his time covering the World Cup in Russia last year towards a suitable cause.

All I know is that the UAE report from our government reads a lot better to me than the Russia one. Russia has EU sanctions against it, is ranked 136th out of 177 for corruption and has its own section on human rights. The UAE ranks 21st for corruption as a comparison, just behind Republic of Ireland. Obviously there's room for improvement, but this targeting of the UAE doesn't add up. Why aren't Chelsea getting the same treatment? Is it because they aren't winning things as often?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ess-risk-russia/overseas-business-risk-russia
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s/overseas-business-risk-united-arab-emirates

Could you please provide any tangible evidence that Manchester City is owned by a country? Especially one made up of several sovereign states such as the UAE. There’s a clue there mate...
Oh dont blow their mind with such simplistic perspectives as geography, how the hell is a bob standard investigative journalist ever suppose to know the difference between a state and a country? Fucking unrealistic expectations there! More chance of a team averaging 100 points over 3 season never going to happen.

While it's true it would be a very tenuous link to attempt to establish for the USA owning British clubs, the UAE doesn't own City even by proxy either. Nobody has been able to establish that link, they just imply it based on our owners heritage.

I know, and for the record you’re preaching to the converted. I’m just pointing out that - purely in my opinion - it’s not unreasonable for journalists to link City’s ownership to the UAE government, and I would base that opinion on ADUG having been motivated to buy an English football club for reasons other than altruism - again, purely in my opinion

Oh do blow their mind with such simplistic perspectives as geography, how the hell is a bob standard investigative journalist ever suppose to know the difference between a state and a country? Fucking unrealistic expectations there! More chance of a team averaging 100 points over 3 season never going to happen.
But @Exeter Blue I am here is not a journalist, he’s a long standing City fan under the misapprehension that the United Arab Emirates owns, by proxy, Manchester City and then compounded his mistake by saying it was a country, showing all that he’s not a clue about it.

I know, and for the record you’re preaching to the converted. I’m just pointing out that - purely in my opinion - it’s not unreasonable for journalists to link City’s ownership to the UAE government, and I would base that opinion on ADUG having been motivated to buy an English football club for reasons other than altruism - again, purely in my opinion
It is unreasonable because they are supposed to research what they write,trouble is it just doesn't suit their agenda to write the facts

Yes, this. In my ham - fisted way, this was point. Well aware we are not owned by a country, and that even if we were "owned" by Abu Dhabi's highest powers that our owner is not sat there dictating policy or starting wars, and that Khaldoon had been handed responsibility to run show anyway. And most importantly, i don't care about journalists any more. But the perception of our owners in wider world of fans rankles and must upset our owners. Am surprised too they have not said more on matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.